Old 13-02-2019, 01:46 PM
MarshMan (Adam)

12" GSO Dob

Selling due to not being used anymore. I have upgraded to an observatory situation with a permanent setup, and have other portable scopes. Want this to go to a good home. Unfortunately I did not use it as much as I hoped I would, but it is a good scope with what seems to be a good optical set. It is fitted with a home made anti dew system, which can be removed by the buyer or in advance by me if it is not wanted by the buyer. I am throwing that in for free. Just need a power source for the system, 12V. It is fitted with RCA connectors.

Comes with two eyepieces, 26mm and 10mm plossls, and a 2x barlow. Has finderscope fitted, and castors to the base of the dob mount. These can be removed easily. I have made a small modification to the base (azimuth) bearing so it moves more easily and with less friction.

Mount fitted with handles for setup and carrying and some extra angle brackets and timber reinforcement, for mount stability.

New, the cheapest is Andrews Comms at $1100. I will clean the optics in advance of delivery. Optics are in excellent condition.

Selling for $750.

Pick Up preferred, as is a quick sale. I can deliver to the Gold Coast area for free, to other areas, I will have to add on something for fuel further than 50kms. It wouldn't be much.

Can call on 0422435066 but text me first that it is about the telescope. Reply to thread if interested.

Cheers, MarshMan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1760.JPG)
73.9 KB66 views

Last edited by MarshMan; 28-04-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Uploading Images
Old 26-02-2019, 09:05 AM
MarshMan (Adam)

Hi All. Ok, need to get this sold. Big price drop on this one. Making it $650 as I need the room in my observatory and need the cash for some eyepieces, etc.

So, $650.......
Old 15-04-2019, 12:07 AM
MarshMan (Adam)

Another Price Drop

Hi all. Really need this sold. Have removed the dew shielding so it asthetically more pleasing, given it a further clean up. Pretty good price. I have updated the images too.

Price now $580.

I should also mention that the scope has the 10 : 1 microfocuser and the tension adjustment on the altitude bearings. I have also slightly modified he azimuth bearing to make it a lot lighter to move around.

Cheers, Adam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1760.JPG)
73.9 KB90 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1761.JPG)
94.6 KB80 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1762.JPG)
56.8 KB88 views
Old 24-04-2019, 08:23 AM
nebulosity. (Jo)

Pm sent.

Cheers,
Jo