Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-04-2024, 06:34 PM
roughy (Mark)

Stellarium, CDC and a Paramount MX

Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know of a PMX being setup without the SkyX.
Old 21-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Hi Mark

I use an SB MX+ with TSX Pro and there is a Function called ProTrack in TSX which models the mount after a T-Point run.

To get the benefit of ProTrack, I understand that you need to use TSX if you are doing long focal length, unguided imaging.

Also, PEC makes use of TSX although it is broken for use in the Southern Hemisphere. I used PEMPro to obtain the PEC Data and then use TSX to Upload the PE File to the MX+

Dennis
Old 21-04-2024, 08:22 PM
roughy (Mark)

Thanks Dennis
I have centre of frame pointing at 950mm from a permanent well aligned setup and don't actually use PEC, though Pempro may be a good option.
I am kind of looking at moving away from TSX altogether. Haven't renewed the subscription for several years now and only use it as the planetarium behind other sequencing software.
Old 22-04-2024, 11:05 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

No worries Mark, some the main reasons I have stuck with The Sky X Pro (despite the Southern Hemisphere PEC bug) is to use ProTack, PEC and Satellite Tracking which I believe require the integration of the MX+ HW and TSX SW components.

Just as an aside, I found that TSX did improve the pointing accuracy and plate solving of my Tak EM 200 Temma 2, although I could not use ProTrack or PEC for the Tak Mount as the EM 200 does not integrate with TSX at that level.

Hopefully some one who uses a Paramount mount without TSX Pro can provide some input for you.

Good luck.

Dennis.