Old 11-10-2017, 12:21 PM
m11 (Mel)

Hi Gaseous,

Lol, don't tell the wife as she is already complaining about space

My wonky aim was to get enough scopes and binos so I could lend or give to others for free to use and spend time with people to help them with it.

I went a bit nuts I think also on the eyepieces

M11
Old 13-10-2017, 11:18 AM
RKenning (Robert)

Hi Evan,

I know it's a bit of a late reply, but better than nothing.
I bought an AVX EdgeHD8inch package and then later an ED80 Ref from Andrews Comm. The guys at Andrews are fantastic for service and advice. I will happily go back for my next purchase. e.g Larger Apo refractor and possibly CGX as well.

Clear Skies.

Rob
Old 30-04-2018, 07:09 AM
04Stefan07 (Stefan)
Make it so! - Capt.Picard

I originally bought my Lunt solar scope from them a few years back who were great to deal with but lately not so much.

I send them emails and get no reply until I call the store up. They said they seen my email just had no time to reply. If they are that busy it sounds like they need to hire another employee to just answer emails. I inquired about a product to which they had to contact the supplier to get a price and ETA, still haven’t heard back from them. I have contacted the supplier directly in the past before and got a reply within 24 hours, and they are on the other side of the globe!

They were good a while back but lately been having a lot of issues.

Their prices are great and range good but their customer service needs a bit of work.
Old 30-04-2018, 08:32 AM
casstony

Stefan, if they're really busy it's a good excuse to share the business around. I spent a few $ at Astro Pete's on the weekend - good email communication.
Phone is the best method for Andrews; they haven't been great at emailing for several years. I think they had trouble keeping up with the volume of email enquiries.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:12 AM
04Stefan07 (Stefan)
Make it so! - Capt.Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Stefan, if they're really busy it's a good excuse to share the business around. I spent a few $ at Astro Pete's on the weekend - good email communication.
Phone is the best method for Andrews; they haven't been great at emailing for several years. I think they had trouble keeping up with the volume of email enquiries.
Yeah, I did phone them a few times and they said they would get back to me but never did.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Many people don't have time to sit on the phone which is why email is so useful. If they have enough time to answer calls they have more than enough time to answer emails.
I too emailed them and never got a reply, still waiting 2 years later in the hope they will do so. Crap service does not get my money despite price. Their website is a dogs breakfast as well
Old 07-05-2018, 12:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am sorry to hear about even the occassional example of poor service but I must again say my experience with Andrews has been wonderful.

My EQ6 delivered personally by the boss, my 8 inch and HEQ5 also from Andrews...rung up found none in stock or in the shop so I arrange to call them...that works ...and I called personally for the mount and scope on different days...and in each case they carried the goods to the car.
Now that is the kind of service that one does not get at any other stores I know about.

Imagine going to Harvey Norman for example and have the sales staff carry the purchase ti the car...er hang on they have done that for me...but few do...and certainly Andrews offer without being asked.

Bad service should not happen but if someone fails to return a call give them the benefit of the doubt and ring them..you know how it can go you try and ring back and you cant get someone and I have had occassion where I ring and ring and when you finally get them they tell you they had their phone off or something.
Who knows but heck call back rather than sit and become indignant as if you are the only person in the world and folk should serve you as if you are the only person on their list.

Heck up North last week you could not get anyone on the phone and when you did the call would drop out...
As to their web site I like it...if you look around you will find it at least it seems it all there.

Anyways if anyone wants to cut Andrews out got for it as you will be the loser really.

Alex
Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Problem is some of us are time poor and don't have the time to sit on the phone, it is one of my pet hates to have to wait on hold and try and describe what I want or worse you have to call then leave a message then wait till they call back, usually when you can't get back to the phone because of work or other commitments, I could go on and on. Email is a great failsafe so long as a company bothers to respond. I've emailed companies both here and overseas and received response well within the next hour or so, sometimes within the first 5 minutes, it opens up a dialogue of conversation so that when I am ready to purchase and need to call the other party is expecting me to do so.
Common courtesy gets you very far.
I'm glad your experience was a fgood one Alex, being ion the same area as the company is awesome but since Bintel left Melbourne we are very hard up on good and quality and affordable service
Old 07-05-2018, 02:21 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I dont like the phone these days but I am not into emails☺
Vert hard to avoid email but I have managed...only notable email I have had was actually to Bintel when I was having the field flattner on the 80mm I purchased via Michael before he left for Tassie.
I sure appreciated their help.
Probably someone could tell Andrews they may be able to address it. All calls should be recorded a copy stats wuth the salesman which he completed these being cross checked on some periodical basis...maybe they need to know how the world works these days.
I would hate to be in Real Estate now..its twenty four seven with email and world wide exposure...
Maybe we send them an email and suggest areas to help them and us all at once.
Or we could wait let their business decline then buy it and turn it into a world wide franchise..
Alex