Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 PM
JakePerthWA (Jake)
Astronomy Perth

HELP - Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager

Can anyone help?
I have been told that the Celestron solar system imager will not work on my Windows 8 laptop. can someone please tell me if the patch to Windows 8 from Windows 7 will work automatically when connected to Internet or does it have to be done manually? I am looking at buying one of these and am hoping to sort this out before it arrives

Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (amazon celestron-1.png)
28.4 KB34 views

Last edited by JakePerthWA; 02-03-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-03-2016, 04:50 PM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

I have a NexImage5 and it worked on Win8. Not quite sure what you mean about Patch from 7 to 8.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:59 AM
langman78 (Ben)

Hi Jake

I very vaguely recall a couple of yrs ago folks having similar issues with their neximage on older Window formats.
So I don't know if a patch/plug in will solve your issues. My advise to you is look up a few of the older cloudy nights forums and do some reaserch. Alternatively if I was you I'd be contacting Celestron and asking for a fix. Shoot them a email and see what they say. Might be downloadable software available online which could help you out.
I purchased a neximage on eBay a few mths back but haven't used as my laptop battery is no good. Was more of a compulsive buy because it was so cheap and couldn't resist the temptation. Haven't even loaded the software yet but your issues were on my mind when buying at the time. I'm using Windows 7 so will be interesting when I do if it will work ok?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:15 AM
doppler (Rick)

Maybe this issue is with win10. I know a few people that have upgraded and then found that their older equipment is not supported under win10, and the manufacturers are not interested in producing updated software.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:37 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I do not know about that version of the NexImage, but there are no drivers for Windows 10 (Or even 7 I believe) for the earlier one. I am just starting on AP exploits and currently have WinXP on my laptop due to driver limitations with my other camera (EOS 350D) and it works on that OS but nothing later that I have.