ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-12-2021, 03:22 PM
leon

Accomonatation in Darwin for those Lightning Bolts

Hi Guys as some of you may know I have spent a fair bit of time around the Darwin area some time ago, I expect things may have changed a bit.

Anyway I intend to do another Storm Chaser trip up there next year sometime during the wet season and was wondering about accommodation.

I have always had the van and traveled there and camped out in that , but this time i wish to fly up and find some accommodation

I hope to stay for about 4 -6 weeks and would very much like to be in the Nightcliff Jetty area.

So I was hoping to find something along Casuarinia Drive or at least close to.

I have done some research and i is not cheap, maybe some one in the Darwin area on IIS could suggest the perfect spot for those Lightning Bolts

Thank you in advance.

Leon
Old 20-12-2021, 02:55 AM
raymo

Hi Leon, Nightcliff is as you said, expensive. We stayed a week in Casuarina Drive in a large posh house overlooking the ocean, about three months ago, $780 per night. I realise that you don't need a large house, and it will be low season, so I imagine that you could find something on airbnb for about a third of that price. From memory there are not many small properties on Casuarina, so I don't imagine that you will find much in the way of budget rentals there.
raymo
Old 20-12-2021, 06:24 AM
leon

Well that is true Raymo, so far the best i could find just up the road from the jetty is an Airbnb on Casuarina Drive " Newly renovated beachfront studio with a breeze. as they call it, looks good though, and would suit one adult perfectly.

From 18th Jan to 1st March for about six weeks at $5431.00 for that six weeks, but then i still have to get there and food etc.

Although a perfect spot still a little expensive for me.

Leon
Old 20-12-2021, 12:08 PM
raymo

By the way, I'm not rich, there were seven of us, a family gathering, so the
price was o.k.
I don't think you will find anything cheaper in that area.
Good luck.
raymo