Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-10-2019, 04:51 PM
h0ughy (David)

you know youre a tad crook when..

well i wont write when your dead - that's not fair, however haven't felt far from it this week. i have sitting around a brand new RASA8 with motor focus and new astrozap dew shield and top rail with a new asi294 ..........and i dont feel well enough to set it up and play with.

i hate colds, especially when they cause chest infections and a week of clear skies

however there are more far worse than me - though i could get worse - my wife now has it

cheer up out there, back to work monday.......
Old 25-10-2019, 05:07 PM
JohnF (John)

Get well soon.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Hi David

Oh that really sucks, but you are doing the right thing by resting and recovering before going out to play with your toys.

Get well soon, to the two of you.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 25-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I know what you mean, in Melbourne we had two nice clear nights this week and after working 11 hour days outside in 30°C+ and finding that the antihistamine tablets I’m taking are no where near strong enough for the vast amount of pollen and dust, I couldn’t be bothered setting up
Old 25-10-2019, 06:53 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Get well soon.
Hope to and thanks
Old 25-10-2019, 06:53 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Hi David

Oh that really sucks, but you are doing the right thing by resting and recovering before going out to play with your toys.

Get well soon, to the two of you.

Cheers

Dennis
Yes and self medicating with wine doesn't help either
Old 25-10-2019, 06:54 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
I know what you mean, in Melbourne we had two nice clear nights this week and after working 11 hour days outside in 30°C+ and finding that the antihistamine tablets I’m taking are no where near strong enough for the vast amount of pollen and dust, I couldn’t be bothered setting up
This year the dust and smoke and pollen are way too much
Old 25-10-2019, 07:15 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Sorry to hear all of that David, I can relate, same thing a while back for me, the first three clear nights in ages but I could not do it.

And as you say you know you are crook when it's all near perfect nights and all the great objects in the Milky Way (in my case) right above and you just can't manage at thing.

I looked out earlier and was actually happy to see the clouds because I won't be tempered to try.

The smoke is still around as well.

But look on the bright side, you have been thru such a lot with your relocation, getting the scope, the camera and sorting the spacing...this forced break will help your enthusiasm I bet.

Here is an idea..start planning the objects you will nail next dark ( and what you will do if the weather plays up)

All the best for your and yours.

Alex

The good thing is with your scope you may only need one clear night and you will bag all that is there.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 25-10-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 25-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Wilso

Get well soon!
I hear what your saying about about clear skies and work or illness they seem to coincide :

Make sure you change your antihistamine brand every year or so Colin cause your body adapts to it. I occasionally use a nasal spray to mix it up also!
Old 25-10-2019, 07:31 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Sorry to hear all of that David, I can relate, same thing a while back for me, the first three clear nights in ages but I could not do it.

And as you say you know you are crook when it's all near perfect nights and all the great objects in the Milky Way (in my case) right above and you just can't manage at thing.

I looked out earlier and was actually happy to see the clouds because I won't be tempered to try.

The smoke is still around as well.

But look on the bright side, you have been thru such a lot with your relocation, getting the scope, the camera and sorting the spacing...this forced break will help your enthusiasm I bet.

Here is an idea..start planning the objects you will nail next dark ( and what you will do if the weather plays up)

All the best for your and yours.

Alex
Thanks Alex, the only good thing about the drought is that our mosquito population is quite subdued
Old 25-10-2019, 07:34 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
Get well soon!
I hear what your saying about about clear skies and work or illness they seem to coincide :

Make sure you change your antihistamine brand every year or so Colin cause your body adapts to it. I occasionally use a nasal spray to mix it up also!
Thanks for the thoughts, I do that with the antihistamine but cant live with out it
Old 25-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Wilso

The worst I ever had it was working in the middle of a wheat growing region doing wall framing. My eyes were watering, itchy, constant sneezing and nose running like a tap!
Had to stop work and drive to the nearest town to get medication.
Having said that this year has been the best for me ever.
Probably just cursed myself.
Old 25-10-2019, 07:56 PM
JA

Hay fever and allergy sufferers should try some / various types of probiotics. There have recently been some links established between the gut biome and allergies and there are studies planned/underway(?) using probiotics (and dietary changes) to improve the gut biome to potentially treat allergies, and not only food allergies as I recall.

Not much to loose, except a few $. As to what type/s to try perhaps look to the medical literature to see what is used/proposed in these studies.

Best
JA
Old 26-10-2019, 09:23 PM
alan meehan (Alan)

these hot days don't help either stay indoors nothing worst than a chest infection this dust does not help ,I cant imagine what is like out west wiyh all those dust storms get well my friend ohh it takes a couple of weeks