Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-11-2018, 07:02 PM
stanlite (Grady)

Modified EQ6 and Losmandy Tripod

Hello All,

I am looking to sell my modified EQ6 with tripod as well as a spare Losmandy HD tripod i have laying around. Reasons being two. Firstly the wife has gotten pregnant and secondly she has agreed to a larger mount (as a final upgrade) before the baby arrives only if I sell all left over stuff and the old mount.

A bit more about the EQ6. It is about a year and a half old and has lived its entire life in my shed observatory, I still have the brand new hand controller never used. I modified the EQ6 shortly after i got it to make it more suitable as an imaging rig.

Modifications:
1. Increased the size and length of the counter weight shaft. As you can see in the images its made from SS and is about 3-4 times the normal thickness of the original shaft. The shaft is permanently fixed to the DEC axis with grub screws in the internal housing. The shaft is extremely ridged and stopped all play caused by the weights. I will disassemble and take photos on the weekend to show how it goes together properly. All the machining for this modification was done by a local engineering firm. I still believe the old shaft can be used.

2. Belt Mod with viewing and adjustment windows. I upgraded the mount to the Rowan Belt mods for this mount again shortly after I purchased it. At the time when I did this I had some "windows" installed to allow visual inspection of the belts and to ease installation and setting of tension. I still have to get round to making the perspex look pretty but would do so before sale/shipping.

The mount is very sturdy and comes with a EQMOD adaptor for direct PC connection.

Looking for $1250 for it but open to offers. Will ship interstate at buyers expense and willing to travel to meet people part way (live on Gold Coast) (SOLD).

The Losmandy Tripod I acquired with an old G11 since sold and i kept with the intention of making a modification plate to put the EQ6 on the tripod (never got around to it). Looking for $400.

Will consider combined sale of both for $1500

Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Grady.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (EQ6 Mount.jpg)
199.8 KB115 views
Click for full-size image (shaft.jpg)
196.6 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (shaft 2.jpg)
186.1 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (Weights.jpg)
202.7 KB77 views
Click for full-size image (windows.jpg)
186.9 KB96 views
Click for full-size image (HD tripod.jpg)
197.9 KB101 views
Click for full-size image (HD triopd 2.jpg)
196.5 KB83 views
Click for full-size image (HD tripod 3.jpg)
199.3 KB76 views

Last edited by stanlite; 24-11-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 22-11-2018, 01:17 PM
stanlite (Grady)

Mount Now sold,

Tripod Still available. If interested in it make offers.
Old 22-11-2018, 02:04 PM
mg (Mitchell)

PM coming regarding tripod.