ICEINSPACE
Most Read Articles
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON First Quarter
53.2%
The Sun Now
Time Zones
Sydney*
1:13 pm
Perth
10:13 am
Auckland*
3:13 pm
New York*
10:13 pm
Paris*
4:13 am
GMT
2:13 am




Go Back   IceInSpace > IceInSpace > Website Feedback and FAQ

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
iceman's Avatar
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

iceman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Australia
Posts: 36,692
Have you lost or forgotten your password?

Just a note for people who may need this information in future and via searches..

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and an email will be sent to that address instantly, with instructions for resetting your password.

Remember to ensure your email address in your profile is up to date and valid.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,630
I’ve had to avail myself of this very useful function on other websites where I am an infrequent visitor when upon returning, I have forgotten my password. I never let Windows remember my passwords.

However, on Ice In Space, I’m here far too often to forget!

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
leon's Avatar
leon
Registered User

leon is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ballarat
Posts: 10,449
Yea me to Dennis, but mine is a set of numbers not a word at all, it that what it is supposed to be, i have it set in my mobile phone as a contact number and if i forget it just look it up, under contacts IIS

Leon
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
iceman's Avatar
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

iceman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Australia
Posts: 36,692
haha a novel idea, Leon.

What happens when you ring it?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
RB's Avatar
RB (Andrew)
Moderator

RB is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
What happens when you ring it?
The mobile asks you for a PIN.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Yea me to Dennis, but mine is a set of numbers not a word at all, it that what it is supposed to be, i have it set in my mobile phone as a contact number and if i forget it just look it up, under contacts IIS

Leon
Okay Leon, that’s good, very good indeed, but I reckon I can go one better….

My passwords are generally 26 characters long, comprising letters, numbers, upper case, lower case, special characters, invisible ink and feather weight keystrokes.

I then take that password and jumble it through an Enigma machine as an XOR operation with a constant value k, of each byte of plaintext b, to produce a Cipher value c, before encrypting the output using an Advanced Encryption Standard 256 bit algorithm. After that, I read it in a mirror, backwards, and miss every 2nd character substituting for those with a letter from an ancient alphabet which has not yet been discovered or translated.

Finally, I write it on a piece of paper, commit it to memory then swallow the paper.

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
snowyskiesau
Registered User

snowyskiesau is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Geeveston, Tasmania
Posts: 866
I never remember my password, probably because I'm logged in all the time so never need to use it.
This is fine until I'm at another site and want to log in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,630
Another number that I find hard to remember is our home ‘phone number – I dial it so rarely. Before anyone asks, we don’t have a mobile between us so I cannot save it to memory to recall it.

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
leon's Avatar
leon
Registered User

leon is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ballarat
Posts: 10,449
Yea right Dennis

Leon
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Barrykgerdes
Registered User

Barrykgerdes is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Beaumont Hills NSW
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Okay Leon, that’s good, very good indeed, but I reckon I can go one better….

My passwords are generally 26 characters long, comprising letters, numbers, upper case, lower case, special characters, invisible ink and feather weight keystrokes.

I then take that password and jumble it through an Enigma machine as an XOR operation with a constant value k, of each byte of plaintext b, to produce a Cipher value c, before encrypting the output using an Advanced Encryption Standard 256 bit algorithm. After that, I read it in a mirror, backwards, and miss every 2nd character substituting for those with a letter from an ancient alphabet which has not yet been discovered or translated.

Finally, I write it on a piece of paper, commit it to memory then swallow the paper.

Cheers

Dennis
That is a good encrypted pass word.
You forgot to add this little bit however.

"I now belong to 500 forums, web sites etc but cannot access them because I can't remember the password to get in or cancel"

Barry
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 13-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrykgerdes View Post
That is a good encrypted pass word.
You forgot to add this little bit however.
"I now belong to 500 forums, web sites etc but cannot access them because I can't remember the password to get in or cancel"
Barry
Ah yes – I forgot to mention that minor drawback of my system!

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 13-01-2009, 02:29 PM
leon's Avatar
leon
Registered User

leon is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ballarat
Posts: 10,449
Bloody hell this is getting to difficult for me, I'm out of here.

Leon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Interest Free Finance
Advertisement
FLI Cameras and Imaging Accessories
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Atik Horizon
Advertisement
SkyWatcher 2018 Catalogue
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
SkyWatcher WiFi Adaptor
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement