ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Closing of Celestron Thread

Comments deleted

Last edited by Stardrifter_WA; 29-03-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 29-03-2017, 11:03 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

The OP of that thread asked for it to be closed. Where's the problem?
Old 29-03-2017, 11:11 AM
bojan
amateur

I was also a bit surprised with un-expected closing of that thread... but one of my first thoughts was that OP requested it.
Perhaps, it would be good idea to display somewhere the reason for closing the threads ?
Old 29-03-2017, 12:27 PM
glend (Glen)

Yes i requested that it be locked, and i guess that means closed. I saw it moving into a discussion and quoting of the " chapter and verse" of Consumer Law, and disparaging Bintel (who had nothing to do with it from my perspective) and this was being stirred up by someone with a grudge against Bintel.. I have no interest in beating anyone up with local consumer law.

I was simply trying to work out who represented Celestron in Australia, as it was not at all clear. We know who used to represent them but that has apparently changed. Certainly they now have a Business Development Manager for the Asia Pacific, Mr John Cross, who contacted me re a warranty return offer on my CGX (which i declined).
Traditionally, business development managers work on the sales channel side of things, so with the distributor (if they exist), and/or the retail network.
It is still not clear to me exactly where the Celestron gear that Bintel, Andrews, and others are selling, actually comes from. Maybe Mr Cross will advise how it all works. I do know that returns go back to California for evaluation.

So i requested an end to where my thread was heading. If people want to discuss local Consumer Law, and beat up on one of our largest retailers, then they should start their own thread, not hijack mine.
Old 29-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Yes i requested that it be locked, and i guess that means closed. I saw it moving into a discussion and quoting of the " chapter and verse" of Consumer Law, and disparaging Bintel (who had nothing to do with it from my perspective) and this was being stirred up by someone with a grudge against Bintel.. I have no interest in beating anyone up with local consumer law.

I was simply trying to work out who represented Celestron in Australia, as it was not at all clear. We know who used to represent them but that has apparently changed. Certainly they now have a Business Development Manager for the Asia Pacific, Mr John Cross, who contacted me re a warranty return offer on my CGX (which i declined).
Traditionally, business development managers work on the sales channel side of things, so with the distributor (if they exist), and/or the retail network.
It is still not clear to me exactly where the Celestron gear that Bintel, Andrews, and others are selling, actually comes from. Maybe Mr Cross will advise how it all works. I do know that returns go back to California for evaluation.

So i requested an end to where my thread was heading. If people want to discuss local Consumer Law, and beat up on one of our largest retailers, then they should start their own thread, not hijack mine.
The consumer law and other comments were in reply to the comment made by Malcolm, so as far as I can see that is still on topic, particularly considering I had similar issues. Threads evolve, usually to comment about another comment. It is, of course your right to close it, and I respect that, but you were quick to point the finger thought, as it was clear who it was aimed at, so no difference there I guess. But, once again I find that any dissent is quickly crushed on this site.

And, at the bottom of the comments on the other thread I wrote the follow, clearly you didn't read it all properly.

[Quote] And from reading the above you think I am being bitter, sadly you would be wrong. [Quote]

I am sorry if it offended you.

Bye

Last edited by Stardrifter_WA; 29-03-2017 at 03:13 PM.