Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-03-2017, 04:40 PM
benklerk

What is a fair price and 2nd goods.

Before I post in the buy and sell section of the forum.
Just would like to ask a question here.
I'm in the process of building my own backyard observatory, with all new gear, and would like to sell my old gear.

I have a Meade LS 8" which I don't really use and would like to sell it. What seems a fair price for it being 2nd hand. I was thinking around $1500 to $1700.
I also have my first astrophotography mount and telescope I'm also planning on selling. Its a Skywatcher HEQ5 GO-TO will include the EQMOD cable, and the telescope is a GSO 6" RC, for about $500.
Are these ok price's to ask for? I would prefer pickup only, but would drive to western sydney for a small fee.
Old 21-03-2017, 05:12 PM
jwoody (Jeremy)

Have a search through the SOLD archives to get an idea of what these have gone for recently.
I think a HEQ5 went in the last month or so for around $700? and a rc8 for $400.

Jeremy
Old 21-03-2017, 06:03 PM
leon

Hi There, you have to look at it this way.

You have a scope and other stuff to sell, it has served you well no doubt.

To you it is in top condition and you would like close to what you paid for them, but it doesn't quite work that way.

The items are second hand, and at best are worth only 2/3 of the original price, even in top condition.

You have used these items, it is a bit like buying a new car, once out of the show room it has devaluated.

And if you put top dollar on them, you will end up keeping them, sorry...

Leon
Old 21-03-2017, 07:14 PM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

there is an ebay ad at present for LS6, can't get any bids at 1100 [third auction in a row], LS8 should be more sought after so your price is pretty close i reckon

the mount & scope will sell better & youll get more as separate sales-the HEQ5 pro will move fairly quickly, the RC6 less so, most users seem to want the rc8, the 1 or 2 RC6 on here i remember taking ages to sell. the heq5 will easily bring above $500, do an advanced search here of the icetrade archives

Last edited by dannat; 21-03-2017 at 08:04 PM.