Most Read Articles
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON Waxing Crescent
The Sun Now
Time Zones
12:35 pm
9:35 am
2:35 pm
New York*
9:35 pm
3:35 am
1:35 am

Old 22-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Registered User

luka is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 621
By the way, setting of the KP worked before. Only the reading part had the "1/4x" bug.
Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 05:50 AM
gehelem (Gilles)
Registered User

gehelem is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rambouillet - France
Posts: 91
After playing a lot with my spreadsheet, i think the best compromise is to test a full range of target temperatures (0 / -5 / -10 / -15), and to find at wich power the cooler is stabilizing.
After, (this is what i'm trying now), you can set Cstart to -5% of this value, and Cmax at +5%
Example : i've found that to reach DT=-30, my cooler is stabilizing around 50%. So i set CStart to 40/45% and Cmax to 55/60%. Then i set Kp to 0.08
This way, the "cooldown phase" is faster, and i don't overshoot too much

What do you think ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 03-23-17 at 08.42 PM.PNG)
55.9 KB16 views
Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 11:37 PM
flolic (Filip)
Registered User

flolic is offline
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 43
Hi guys, long time no see!
I can see much development is going on

I haven't touched my camera for months, I can't find spare time...
I am still working on a housing and cooling, I hope that I'll finish it soon because spring with a warmer nights is here
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (cooler1.jpg)
133.3 KB26 views
Click for full-size image (cooler2.jpg)
196.6 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (cooler3_pelt.jpg)
187.7 KB26 views
Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 09:41 PM
rsevs3 (Ryan)
Registered User

rsevs3 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 9
I am making some progress.

I am still waiting on a few caps, I just have electrolytic one in there while I wait. Also still waiting on the sensor standoffs so the sensor is just pressed in there with no solder, but I am getting these results so far.

I still need to add the extra cap to DD8 to fix the bar on the left hand side.

I wasted a good many hours testing and probing my board trying to work out why I was getting black screens before realising that the test needs to be done with sensor installed.

Still, progress is underway!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
198.8 KB12 views
Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 03:58 AM
Registered User

pat30 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 94
Folic, you still prepare us a beautiful achievement .
I languish to see the result with the tec 3 stages .
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 AM
Registered User

pat30 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 94
Luka, I found a small bug, if I set the min tec to 80%, the first start starts at 60% and not at 80%, it is necessary to stop the cooling and restart it so that it starts well 80%.

I take the opportunity to say that on Webastro I put a little comparison with the QHY8.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time is now 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Atik One
FLI Cameras and Imaging Accessories
Astronomy Alive
Tasco Australia
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
SkyWatcher Star Discovery
Lunatico Astronomical
Meade Instruments
Astronomy and Electronics Centre