Old 15-03-2017, 10:52 PM
DJT (David)

ASNSW Imaging Meeting 15/03/17

Well, just got home after tonight's ASNSW Astro Imaging section meeting at the Epping Creative Centre.

Highlights included a demonstration by Geoff (IIS member Geoff45) of the MureDenoise script in PixInsight then a walkthrough of the workflow for putting together an LRGB image.

After a bit of "friendly" banter between between Photoshop gurus and PI evangelists we moved onto a look-see and discussion about some images scrapped together during the few imaging nights we have had in the last month or so and the chance to raise questions such as "how on earth do I find out what the unexpected object in my image was", "Am pretty new at this, is my processing on the right track" and dealing with processing stars separately from nebula.

As well as a range of deep sky images, there were some rather cool time-lapses from Wiruna along with some images taken during the last total solar eclipse from the shores of somewhere in South America. Talk about die hard eclipse chasing.

A pretty good night, all in all.

Next meeting is on 12th April at 19.30. There is a link below which provides some more details on meeting dates and how to get onto the mailing lists for both images being shared by members and calls for agenda items for future meetings.

http://www.asnsw.com/node/1278

Cheers