Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 20-10-2019, 01:08 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Not only have I written, I have met with my (previous) local federal member and authored the bulk of the material for a speech she made in the House of Reps, (and now tabled in Hansard) about the idiocy behind placing the second Sydney airport in the middle of the Holsworthy Firing range (where there are many UXO's and UXB's scattered about...duh...can't a potential problem there (not)) and next to the Woronora Dam...source of MY drinking water.

Not happy Jan!

I do strongly recommend to one and all that you hold your local member accountable for lame party policy(s)
Setting a good example to fellow humans is the very best one can do Peter...you set such a good example offering a sensible approach to being responsible for energy generation and lessening your impact on the planet. And I am confident you have influenced many here to think about owning an electric car..you certainly got me thinking..in fact changed my attitude from "it could not work for me" to "my next car will be electric"...I expect I am not the only person to have been influenced by your sensible example.
And now to hear of your hands on involvement is really for me (and hopefully others) inspiring.
Your post fills me with hope.. honestly..and if anything like your influence with the electric car, others may find your example worthy of them doing likewise.
You deserve mention and recognition on Australia Day.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Alex
Old 20-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
You deserve mention and recognition on Australia Day.

Alex

Ta but I seriously doubt it will ever happen...my frank and fearless approach probably manages to ruffle a few too many feathers. PC I am not.
Old 20-10-2019, 06:08 PM
5ash (Philip)
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiscopey View Post
Yes, how about snowy mountain 2 in the light of climate change? There’s less precipitation there than in the past and climate change must be a factor. Will climate change give more precipitation there in the future ? Otherwise snowy mountain 2 is , May I say dead in the water.
Philip
Old 21-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Starlite (John)

Don't worry...The Chinese have a 40 year plan for Australia !!!