Old 16-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Takahashi FS-60CB and Extender-Q 1.6x

Hi team,

I've hit a snag and was wondering if anyone can assist.

I'm having an issue connecting my DSLR to the FS-60CB with the Extender-Q 1.6x in tow.

Note: connecting the DSLR directly to the FS-60CB is not a problem.

According to the attached system chart, I should be able to just screw 67 into the FS-60CB (in my case, into the back of the Camera Angle Adjuster -- not shown in chart), then, adapter 61-A (or, 61-B), should screw into the T-mount (item 32).

I have 3 different T-rings. A generic one I bought from Bintel, one which came with my FSQ-106N (CA-35) and I also bought a wide ring T-mount for the FS-60CB. None of these screw into 61-A/61-B.

The way I'm having to do it at the moment is to screw 66 (50.8mm adapter) into the back of the Extender-Q (67), and then a T-ring/T-barrel combination into 66. While this is somewhat secure, it is not how it should be according to the charts.

Can someone point me to the appropriate T-ring (T-mount) that I should be using in order to attach my DSLR as per the system chart? I've tried all kinds of searches online and even emailed Peter Tan who gave me a generic reply saying that it should just work.

Appreciate any assistance to those who have been able to get this to work.

H
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FS-60CB_EXQ_200807_en.png)
37.9 KB61 views
Old 16-04-2014, 05:35 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Headache ain't they? Tak adapters drive me nuts... but solutions are always at hand.

Try Optcorp. Tak America had adapters made that by-pass all the odd Tak adapters - for instance, to mount a CCD on my FSQ106 required a CA35, then a custom made M42 adapter... Optcorp offered an adapter that goes directly from the reducer thread to an SBIG CFW8 face, with the correct spacing (29.7mm). PERFECT (but expensive!)
Old 16-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Good lord, what a mess!

Glad I didn't buy the FS60CB after all....I tried the Atik on the back of the ED80 last night and all I needed was a Bintel camera projection tube to get focus with the 1.25" adaptor...... I've yet to try it with the Orion 0.8x FR in the 2" barrel, but it looks OK with what I have in my kit bag.

I don't envy you H, that's a headache of biblical proportions.

Cheers

Chris
Old 17-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Kunama

H, The Wide t-Mount you have is Tak component #33, this will not work with the extensions. You need to use Tak component #32 as per chart, it is the standard T-mount.

Admittedly it is a very complex system but once you have the right parts in the right order the setup up is very secure with little or no flexure due to the quality of the machining of the parts.

Only times I have had issues with it is when introducing non-Tak parts into the train.
Old 17-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Thanks, guys!

Chris, that's how Takahashi makes their money -- on adapters!

Matt, thank you so much, for that. I think you're right; I must need to get part 32.

At the moment, I use 81/10 and then an extension barrel that came with my FS-60CB, on to which a Takahashi EOS T-mount/ring combination screws on to.

When I get home tonight, I'll unpack it (in the middle of moving to Queensland) and take a photo of what I'm doing.

H