Old 11-12-2005, 05:30 PM
rochler
Honk if u luv cheeses...

Help! with K3CCD Tools...

Hi,

I've just got myself a ToUcam Pro II 840K and I was *hoping* that I could use K3CCD Tools to directly control the webcam. I can record *.avi files no problems with the supplied 'VRecord' software bundled with the camera and then load the resulting file into K3CCD - so essential no great hassles. But I was under the impression that K3CCD was capable of recognising the ToUcam. It would just be easier to use the one application if possible.

Can anybody enlighten me - what software do you guys use & what options do I have?

Cheers & thanx, Fred....
Old 11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
beren

Fred you shouldnt have any troubles looks like you just have to go into the device tab at the top of the K3 screen page and key in the settings for the program to recognise the toucam . Havent got access to the program at the moment to give steps but it should be straightforward or maybe some of the members might chime in
Old 11-12-2005, 05:53 PM
rumples riot
Who knows

Also look under the preview tab with the camera plugged in. There is a box that needs clicking on to allow the camera to work.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:03 PM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

I had this trouble only last week....Dave P fixed it for me. I had to nominate this: <TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2> microsoft WDM image capture device.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

Apparently a toucam is a WDM capture device. Once I nominated it all was hunky-dory.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Go to Device>Video for Windows. Then Go back to device if needed and select WDW Capture device or whatever is showing as the bottom option in the menu. You may now need to select the "live view" icon 5 from the left on the toolbar
Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 PM
rochler
Honk if u luv cheeses...

Thanx dudes....

yep, that was the problem alright - I now have a preview window & I'm ready 2 go. Dunno why the software makes you select the specific windows driver when it's the only option available. I can understand it doing so if you have more than one... Bit of a trap for old players hehe.

Many thx again for your help everyone - that's what is so great about this forum. I could have been stuffing around for ages before I stumbled on that one.

Cheers for now, will let you know how I get on!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:36 PM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

Looking forward to seeing some images from ya!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:57 PM
rochler
Honk if u luv cheeses...

o.k. but don't....

expect too much, it's just a test run tonite so that I can get a feel for what to do. I aim to have fun though. Silly b*gger I am - I left the laptop at work on Friday so I had to borrow the neighbour's. He's going to give me some moral support tonight, I think he's fascinated with what I'm doing (thinks I've gone mad). I will supply the beers hehe....

Will let youse all know how I go....

Cheers for now!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

If your not aware of this then a word of warning. After you take an avi it will not give you any save options. Why???? at first I found this extremely frustrating. The answer is to go to Options>Settings>Video Capture (tab). About 2/3 the way down you will see the directory that the avies are automatically saved to along with the default file name. I'd suggest changing the directory to one that you wont have to dig for. Maybe create your own in My Documents or somewhere handy. You may find the default directory may be deep into the Program Files folder.