Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 18-11-2019, 12:08 PM
sharpiel

I’ve breached the TOS in the past. It was put to me this way (paraphrased) “There are other sites on the very wide web to discuss those topics. Mike doesn’t want them here. If you don’t want to fit in then go visit one of those other sites.”

It was explained to me that it also generates a lot of extra un-needed work for the mods dealing with the behind the scenes complaints that contentious subjects generate. Not all grievances are aired publicly and not all members, I gather, are comfortable with direct forum interaction on subjects they find distasteful. They direct their complaints privately to the mods. Which in turn requires the mods to read all posts and respond in private as well as direct forum intervention. In a forum with a large membership, contentious issues generate a lot of complaints.

Once I understood all the above I agreed. If you don’t like these rules go elsewhere where you find a better fit for your need to discuss those subjects excluded by the IIS TOS. In other words FIFO.

It’s about respecting the broader community of users and the architects and providers of the site.

If you’re offended by this forum not being a democracy then go find one.

Just my rambling thoughts....

In the words of Kent Brockman “I for one welcome our Moderator Overlords!”