ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-06-2020, 06:05 PM
spiezzy

You are kidding the Zombie apocalypse is here

Cant believe it here we go again the zombies are here panic buying these people are so selfish and they call them selves Australians yeh lets just think of your self and bugger anyone else the new Australian way good on you ZOMBIES
Old 26-06-2020, 07:05 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Yup, here in Canberra today, Chinese lady in front of me wearing face mask, rubber gloves, and purchased 20 boxes of tissues and 10 packs of toilet paper. Lady at checkout told me they had another person earlier trying to buy 24 x 18 packs of TP...

Morons. Just morons.
Old 26-06-2020, 07:32 PM
ian fry (Ian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiezzy View Post
Cant believe it here we go again the zombies are here panic buying these people are so selfish and they call them selves Australians yeh lets just think of your self and bugger anyone else the new Australian way good on you ZOMBIES
Just been in to coles in town , sold out off loo roles at 9am.
The idiot bus is in town and everyone got off
Old 26-06-2020, 08:10 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

It really gives me the %^&* when people buy up all the toilet paper! And therein lies my problem.
Old 26-06-2020, 08:55 PM
glend (Glen)

There are only six active cases in NSW today,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-.../12060704?nw=0

You would sort of think the horders still had enough toilet paper from their initial stash to last until next year.
Old 26-06-2020, 09:14 PM
spiezzy

yep i recon Coles should start asking for drivers licences before entering the store i have seen the bus load of zombies and that are not from town and certainly do not give a damn about the locals should not be allowed ,
Old 27-06-2020, 12:08 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiezzy View Post
yep i recon Coles should start asking for drivers licences before entering the store i have seen the bus load of zombies and that are not from town and certainly do not give a damn about the locals should not be allowed ,
Toilet paper tourism! Organised looting of unsuspecting town. What is the answer? Road blocks, Local Toilet Paper Vigilanties to patrol the aisles, video the looters for A Current Affair?
Old 27-06-2020, 09:10 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

The zombies also seem to have invaded coles and are the ones deciding on the rationing. At least at our local one they have decided that tomato paste is pasta, so you can either buy enough pasta to make a single family meal, or you can buy ingredients to make the sauce to have with it, but not both together.

The kind view might be that someone who never learned to cook without resorting to a jar sauce is deciding the grouping of items.
Old 27-06-2020, 10:15 AM
Sparksinspace (Steve)

Don't worry Eastern states We got you.
While you guys fester over there, we in WA will keep the economy ticking over. Just don't expect us to let you in any time soon.
Old 27-06-2020, 01:15 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Just remember how quickly saying things like that came back to bite Dan Andrews on the bum. And good old Gladys wants to watch out that they dont have an uptick after sounding like a boxer talking before a title fight or she is going to look pretty stupid given NSW is tracking along much like Vic was just a couple of weeks ago. I reckon she would be unlikely to get much of a warm welcome south of the Murray for a while.
Old 27-06-2020, 02:49 PM
Sparksinspace (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Just remember how quickly saying things like that came back to bite Dan Andrews on the bum. And good old Gladys wants to watch out that they dont have an uptick after sounding like a boxer talking before a title fight or she is going to look pretty stupid given NSW is tracking along much like Vic was just a couple of weeks ago. I reckon she would be unlikely to get much of a warm welcome south of the Murray for a while.
Very true.

I'm waiting for the outbreak when we do finally open the borders. it's been a bit of a weird experience for us as we don't know anyone in the family or friends that has had it or had exposure to it. hopefully it sorts it self out and we can move on as a whole.
Old 27-06-2020, 03:27 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

That is more or less my point, Dan Andrews took very little time to look like a bit of a turnip when he said something that at the very least, could have been worded in a better way (How about, "SA is not opening it's border with us yet, but there are plenty of places to go on your holidays here in Victoria") and the NSW premier more or less did the same though making the message even more aggressive (And I would have to say, agressively unwelcoming to any of us mexicans) She risks looking pretty stupid if or when there is a breakout in NSW, and sadly it is almost inevitable that there will be one sooner or later. All you need is one undetected case and it could be off and running in a matter of weeks, just like down here.
Old 27-06-2020, 04:57 PM
Sparksinspace (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Let's not turn this into a state verses state partenship thread. Arrogance and attitude is not going to help anyone, and undermines the efforts of the nation in defeating this thing.. We have seen how partenship has hobbled the US response to the Pandemic.
It is disappointing that State Preimers bask in the glow of their fortune, but that seems to be the politician way - take credit for all the good news (even if you had nothing to do with it) and deny responsibility for the bad ( where you did have something to do with it). It was not too long ago that the WA PM was freaking out about cases on ships docked there. No one has the authority to cast stones.
Not how my post was supposed to be taken sorry if it has.
It is a hard situation that state ministers face. lets not talk politics or this post will shut.

it was supposed to be taken as for the context of the thread. A tongue-in-cheek jibe about the situation
Old 27-06-2020, 05:36 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

No offence taken here Steve, I save that for our pollies.
Old 27-06-2020, 06:01 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Surprised to read returning from OS You can opt out for testing ?

Theres a real measure of sensible can be applied a few differant ways to this given the millions spent each day to put people in hotels .
Old 27-06-2020, 06:24 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I personally think NSW has taken the right approach there. Opt out of testing if you want to, but face an extra period in quarantine if you do. I reckon anyone who refuses testing should have to pay for the extra days too, unless they have some good reason for refusing a test.
Old 27-06-2020, 07:29 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Well, heading off to QLD with border passes in hand soon...if I get turned around at the border I'm doing a Thelma and Louise

With the USA reaching a record 40,000 positive results in one day, we pale in comparison. Plus theey've now passed 122,000 dead...just unbelievable for "the world's best country"... but that starts down a very steep political/socio-economic/demographic thread.
Old 27-06-2020, 07:44 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Well, heading off to QLD with border passes in hand soon...if I get turned around at the border I'm doing a Thelma and Louise ........
Bit extreme Lewis .. if I recall correctly it didn't end well for Thelma and Louise in the end.
Old 28-06-2020, 09:38 AM
doug mc

I think the zombies get around shopping limits by visiting several stores for smaller amounts. Their mutating to smarter. ��
Old 28-06-2020, 04:07 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Capture9.JPG)
110.3 KB44 views