Old 17-01-2011, 12:53 AM
jabberwock48 (John)

HyperStar CCD camera

I have a Meade 14in LX200 GPS and am shortly receiving a HyperStar unit for it. I was wondering if any members can recommend a suitable OSC camera based on their experience.
I had thought of a QHY 10 but have been told the dewing problem is still present in their cameras. Also perhaps a Starlight Express M25C or M26C but again have been told that the latest -R models get quite hot which I presume is not ideal for a camera sitting in front of the corrector plate especially inside a dew shield which is needed most of the time where I live.
Any thoughts most welcome.
Old 23-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Paul Delligatti
ToxMan

With the Hyperstar replacing your secondary mirror, you want a camera that is as small as possible out in front of your scope. Also, you need to consider weight. Then, there is the chip size. As far as fitting the bill, I like the OSC cameras that Starlight Express offers. This is not based on personal experience...but, from talking with Dean at Starizona and some of the local DSO imagers.
Old 25-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Gama

I have not heard of any QHY-10 units dewing up, can you direct me to where i can read this ?.
As the only way this can happen, is if the camera has been opened, and not resealed.
Hearing about it is always taken with a grain of salt.
There are a few users/owners here in Oz that own them, so best ask some of thos guys, or even on the QHY forum. As you know, all issues are posted there, and again, i havent read any with this issue.

Theo.