Old 01-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I.C.D (Ian)

Focusing with glasses on or off

G"Day All

This may be a silly question to be asking,
I wear glasses full time but when I use my telescope I remove them and focuses the scope without my glasses on and use the scope this way. The question I am asking is when I put my camera onto the scope do I first focuses the scope with my glasses on or can I do it with them off ,and if I do it with them off will it make any difference to the focuses of the camera
Old 01-05-2008, 07:16 AM
vindictive666 (John)
KeyboardNotFndPressAnyKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
G"Day All

This may be a silly question to be asking,
I wear glasses full time but when I use my telescope I remove them and focuses the scope without my glasses on and use the scope this way. The question I am asking is when I put my camera onto the scope do I first focuses the scope with my glasses on or can I do it with them off ,and if I do it with them off will it make any difference to the focuses of the camera
hi Ian

i wear glasses as well but take them off when i am at home (never wear them) i take pictures as well so i cant see it making any difference wether you focus with or without them all i can say is to try it

shouldnt make any difference

keep watching your thread for more comments

regards john
Old 01-05-2008, 08:33 AM
mrsnipey
Verified Astronomy Noob

Hi Ian, I don't wear my glasses when observing.
I focus my camera with my glasses on but my finderscope is focused
with my glasses off for when I look through it.

I focus the camera with my glasses on because that means it will be focused with 'proper' vision. I then take my glasses off, look through the camera and move the little diopter control (I think that's what it's called - the tiny black control on my 400D) until the picture looks clear to me. Then I can take pics without my glasses.

I focus my finderscope without glasses because if I wear glasses when looking through it I see double of everything.

I guess it comes down to personal preference though.