Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 16-07-2019, 03:55 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

SX SXVR-M26C - the APSC sized chip

Regretful sale, for a good purpose - acquiring another CCD This is a Starlight Xpres SXVR-M26C - an OSC CCD with an APS-C sized Sony CCD sensor. This also has the external fan for additional flow in summer. Note - this is NOT a Trius - it is SXVR (so it does not have the extra 3 USB ports)

Recently COMPLETELY serviced by SX directly (cleaned sensor, replaced some capacitors). Very suited to Fast-star and RASA scopes due to the cylindrical form factor.

I ran this with MaxIM DL6 and AstroArt with nil issues. I do have a driver SX created for me for MaxIM DL5 if need be (if I can find it!). Never tried it in Nebuosity or any other software as I am a MaxIM fan-boi

Price is $1500 posted - comes in a hard case with the USB cables, fan splitter cable, 2" nosepiece. (the red adaptor is NOT included - that's an FSQ-exclusive item)

There's a bunch of photos on my Astrobin with this camera: https://www.astrobin.com/users/LewisM/
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NMWV0781.jpg)
137.0 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (PAMQ7346.jpg)
109.7 KB72 views

Last edited by LewisM; 18-07-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 17-07-2019, 06:34 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

No, I am NOT dropping the price, so don't circle like a waiting vulture

Questions have been asked regarding it's age - I honestly don't know, but seem to recall Terry said 2010 when he did the full overhaul (the cam is serial number 24) - the first manual for it is dated 2010 also, so it should be around 9 years old. He also mentioned it was good for at least another 10 years after his work (replaced capacitors etc - the usual things)
Old 18-07-2019, 04:12 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

OK, this ad is now in silent running mode - if the cam doesn't sell, the cam doesn't sell (well, derrrr), but the ad stays up til it does. The price will not change

That makes sense eh...