Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
LT_Ng

Vacation in Brisbane

Dear Folks,

My name is William Ng, from Hong Kong. I have planned to spend a 11-day vacation in Brisbane, starting at July 15th. Though this time is mainly for sightseeing with my wife, I also hope I can have change to have meeting with some amateur in Brisbane and the towns in the vicinity of it to share experience in high resolution planetary webcam imaging as well as cooled CCD deep sky imaging with each other.

Should you like to offer me with that great chance, please send me PM or email to william_lt_ng@yahoo.com.hk.

Thanks,

William L.T. Ng
Old 11-07-2005, 09:58 AM
toetoe (Peter)
Always Trying

G'day and welcome William.
Your your visit down under will be enjoyable. You will enjoy it so much that you will come back again in the end of October and visit the Ballarat region in Victoria oh and while your in the area we are having a STAR CAMP for 4 days, you and your wife are most welcome to attend..
Old 11-07-2005, 09:58 AM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Hello William and to Iceinspace. I've sent you an email regarding a get together.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 AM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

Hi will! welcome aboard!

enjnoy your stay in Brizzy!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
rumples riot
Who knows

William, while I live in the deep south of the continent I can say with envy that the people that you do meet up with will be better for the experience. You photographic skills are well known and only wish that I could be there to learn.

So for those of you who live in the Brisbane area, please make the time, especially if you are interested in planetary imaging. You will learn so much.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 AM
LT_Ng

Hello Rumples Riot(Paul),

Thanks for your kind words. I think my skill in planetary imaging doesn't differ too much from yours, and in fact, my processing skill does need much improvement and learning from yours.

Is Albury close to Perth? I hope so, and then I may take vacation in Perth again in the coming year.

Clear skies,

LT
Old 12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
LT_Ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ving
Hi will! welcome aboard!

enjnoy your stay in Brizzy!
Dear Ving,

Thanks for your greeting. Hope we can have a meeting in Sydney also.

William
Old 12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
LT_Ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by [1ponders]
Hello William and to Iceinspace. I've sent you an email regarding a get together.
Hello Paul,

Please see my reply email.

Thanks.

LT
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 AM
LT_Ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
G'day and welcome William.
Your your visit down under will be enjoyable. You will enjoy it so much that you will come back again in the end of October and visit the Ballarat region in Victoria oh and while your in the area we are having a STAR CAMP for 4 days, you and your wife are most welcome to attend..
Hello Toetoe,

So sadly I got such a big loss. Usually, I don't have vacation in October. Will you have any star camp in the coming easter holiday? Because I may have a trip to Australia again in the coming easter holiday focussing on deep sky shooting.

clear skies,

William L.T. Ng
Old 12-07-2005, 05:20 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi William.
Which area are coming to in Easter 2006? I'm sure we'll arrange a star party at your location.. We have monthly meets on the Central Coast (just north of Sydney) and in the Brisbane area they have regular meetups too (Paul has probably told you already).

I'll send an email to Erwin van der Velden (one of Australia's best planetary imagers) and Eddie Trimarchi (one of Australia's best deepsky images) just in case they don't see this thread.

Please, send me an email or post here if you're in the sydney area. It'd be great to catch up and go observing/imaging.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 AM
rumples riot
Who knows

William Albury is not close to Perth. The distance is about 3700 km. Thanks for the words of confidence regarding my skills, but I still think you are better. Hope that you have a good time here during your holiday.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

For those in the Sunshine Coast area I've emailled William and we're trying to sort out a suitable night. Either the 16th, 17th, or 19th of July (Sat, Sun, Tues). It goes without saying that everyone is more than welcome to join us once we've finalized a date.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
toetoe (Peter)
Always Trying

Hi William,
Like Paul said, Albury is a long way from Perth. Albury is 300km N/E of Melbourne on the New South Wales and Victorian border divided by the mighty Murray River, Albury on the N.S.W side and Wodonga on the Victorian side.
I am sure that something can be organized around easter time for yourself and your wife if you are in Australia at that time. Like what Mike said, there are viewing nights regulary with ICEINSPACE members at some time or another so you should not have a problem hooking up with some of the members.
cheers. Peter.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:51 AM
dhumpie
Planetary neb & glob nut

Whereabouts will you be staying William? There are many astroimagers in and around Brissie. Paul (1_ponders) is one of them. The other is David (westsky) in Fairfield (very near Brissie city) and Mark at Glenore Groove (45 minute drive from the city).

Cheers,
Darren
Old 12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
FNQ_View (Mick)

Perhaps there is some confusion between Albury & Albany??
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
LT_Ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNQ_View
Perhaps there is some confusion between Albury & Albany??
You are right. I have been confused with Albury and Albany. If my memory is correct, some people have said to me that Albany is a good place to see whales.

LT
Old 12-07-2005, 10:13 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

William if your heading up Gympie way its not far from Wide Bay where there are whale watching trips at this time of the year. Pretty spectacular from what I've heard.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
toetoe (Peter)
Always Trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT_Ng
You are right. I have been confused with Albury and Albany. If my memory is correct, some people have said to me that Albany is a good place to see whales.

LT
We all make mistakes William, Albury is still a nice place in it's own way. The western Victorian coast is a good place for wales also, it is a fantastic coast line in that region. http://www.warrnamboolcam.com/whales.htm
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

Peter,

Going by your 3 posts it sounds like you want William to visit Victoria!

Yes, William, you are certainly welcome down here in Victoria, where the skies are like Magic!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:36 PM
toetoe (Peter)
Always Trying

It's not meant to sound like that though, sorry.
The Victorian Alps are great this time of the year, plenty of snow on them.