Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 29-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

10mW Green Laser Module

Hi folks,

For sale is my green laser module! I bought this from Jaycar for over $130. Before I mention the details, please note this is NOT a toy nor should it be treated as one! I bought this with the intention of making my own DMX system or as a finder for my scope, but never got around to it and don’t plan to either

It is very bright 10mW module with a sharp beam with little to no divergence with a glass lens The beam can be very easily seen at night and will run off ~3V and can be used for a multitude of applications. Specs below:

Module consists of a 10mW laser diode, lens, and driver PCB.
Operating voltage: 3VDC.
Operating current: 150 - 300mA.
Output wavelength: 532nm.
Optical power: <10mW.
Dimensions: 65(L) x 11(dia)mm.

I have also soldered the useless momentary switch off and wired a on/off two-way slider switch (as the original switch was too tiny to use with your finger and needed to use your nail!). This allows the laser to be put into a housing with an easy means to control it. I also have a 3V regulated power circuit which I made up so that way the module can be powered from any source (for example, 12V) without the hassles of batteries. I will include these two mods free of charge with the module

Yours for only $60 including postage! Please PM if you are interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image ($_20.JPG)
14.2 KB130 views

Last edited by Meru; 26-05-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added more detail
Old 29-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Hi everyone,

An understandably concerned IIS'er has kindly approached me with concerns over the legality and safety of selling such a device, and as a follow up I would to clarify what I know about this topic. In summary, with this being a laser module and not a pointer or a hand held device, Victorian and Federal Laws do not classify it as a prohibited weapon. Basic information can be found here for Victorian IIS'ers (http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retriev...&status=active) and here for Federal laws (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4372.asp).

Please feel free to PM me if I am wrong, as I do not wish to do anything that is against the law!! I am unaware of laws in other states and thus the onus is on the buyer to ensure they are aware and fully biding their state/territory legislation. End of the day, it comes down to common sense and I will be checking to make sure the buyer is has legitimate intentions for the module. It is very easy to make the mistake of treating these as a toy and not respect the associated dangers these devices bring with them. Rest assured I will not just be selling it to anyone nor will I do so illegally!

Clear skies

Last edited by Meru; 29-04-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 13-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Bump - now $60 including post!
Old 18-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Ad updated to include the switch mod and inclusion of a 3V regulated power circuit