Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 30-09-2019, 08:59 AM
PeterSEllis (Peter)

First pass at NGC253

Hi Guys,

This is the best one I have managed of NGC253, taken with a C9.25 EdgeHD with Reducer, ASI071Pro OSC, three Hours total exposure. I'm not totally happy with this first pass, I think more detail can be dragged out and I was a little too aggressive with deconvolution in Pixinsight.

Cheers
Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC 253 (Sculptor edge on Galaxy) 26092019 .jpg)
167.2 KB82 views
Old 30-09-2019, 02:55 PM
gregbradley

The decon seems quite conservative to my eye. Decon on galaxies is best done multi layer with each layer a bit heavier and you control the final mix with the layers opacity slider. I don't know I you can do that in PI but its not hard in Photoshop.

I think you could up the vibrance and saturation as the detail is there but the colour is a tad washed out.

Greg.
Old 30-09-2019, 06:41 PM
PeterSEllis (Peter)

Hi Greg,
Thanks for your comments. Pixinsight deconvolution is a little different from Photoshop, I'm still using it in a very rudimentary form, working my way up the learning curve on that one.
I agree with you that the colors are a little washed out, and that issue I can address when I have another go at processing it. The beauty of digital processing over the old film days, is that it is easy to start again and reprocess until you get it right.

Cheers
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
The decon seems quite conservative to my eye. Decon on galaxies is best done multi layer with each layer a bit heavier and you control the final mix with the layers opacity slider. I don't know I you can do that in PI but its not hard in Photoshop.

I think you could up the vibrance and saturation as the detail is there but the colour is a tad washed out.

Greg.