Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM
ReaPerMan (Paul)
Work & Play at Night

Starlight Express : Thumbs Up!

Following a really bad power cut in the middle of an imaging run my Starlight Express filter wheel started playing up. It would not complete it's initialisation only advancing a few millimetres (instead of full circle) then disconnecting itself, reconnecting , rinse and repeat. I flashed all new firmware available without any luck. I then contacted Starlight Express in England and received help from Terry Platt. He made couple of suggestions for alternate firmware (downgrading to 1.028) and even supplied a firmware version that skipped the initialisation. Unfortunately neither of these fixed the problem. Terry is now sending me a whole new PCB board and does not want paying unless it fixes the problem. It is so good to find a level of after sales service that rises to this level and I wanted to commend him to this forum.

Clear Skies

Paul
Old 09-02-2016, 12:57 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaPerMan View Post
It is so good to find a level of after sales service that rises to this level and I wanted to commend him to this forum.

Clear Skies

Paul
Good service in deed and I think its an important to name it up. Gives potential customers a lot of confidence in who they are dealing with and puts both manufacturers and retailers on notice...
Old 09-02-2016, 01:27 PM
PeterM

On my 5th Starlight Xpress CCD now and always the friendliest immediate assistance if needed. Remember once ringing and it was morning tea and they were having a cuppa while guiding me through an issue (my doing). Between them and Gary at Wildcard (Argo Navis) you would be hard pressed finding better service and support.