Old 25-07-2012, 01:26 PM
DJ N

QHY5 Guider Error Messages

Hi all,

I recently received my QHY5 Guider. I have been having a bit of a play around with it, however I am having some issues when running in PHD Guiding.
It seems to run OK for a couple of minutes, but then freezes and I get the following two error messages……

“Failed with error 31”

then

“Failed with error 22”

I have reinstalled the drivers, ASCOM platform 6 etc…. but I still seem to be having the same issue. Any suggestions?

The other software I am running at the time is EQMOD/Cartes for the EQ6 mount and Maxim for the QHY8L. Not sure if it is coincidental, but it seems to happen when I am slewing to a target.

Just a couple of other points......

- I am using the same USB cable that I normally run with the DMK21 with. I have now reverted back to the DMK and there are no issues.
- I am not using a hub for the guider.
- I am using the latest version of PHD.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who is also using the QHY5.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 25-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Tandum (Robin)

Mine was doing that on saturday night. I plugged it directly into the laptop with another cable and it responded just fine. I ended up putting it on an extension cable into it's own USB port and it worked for the night. Still not sure what the cause of the problem was, maybe a cable, maybe the hub I was using, but I know the camera is ok.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM
DJ N

All sorted........... I think the issue was with the USB cable I was using. Once I went back to the DMK, I started getting the same issue and the whole system freezing up. I replaced the USB cable and it started working normally with the DMK. Since then, I have been using the QHY5 and it is performing faultlessly!

Thanks,

Daniel