Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Eyepieces, Barlows and Filters

Old 25-10-2020, 08:04 AM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Thank you John for sharing your observations.

After another session with 2.5mm Toe and comparing planetary and lunar views with 3.5mm Delos and 5mm Delite, I think 5mm Delite shows every detail that there is too see with 105mm aperture (mag 126x), but the two shorter FL eyepieces make seeing some aspects and structures easier to observe, especially the 3.5mm with its 20mm eye relief and its large lens. Having said that, I feel that 2.5mm Toe will become my favourite eyepiece when chasing doubles on a goto mount with tracking.
Old 25-10-2020, 05:48 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Thank you John for sharing your observations.

After another session with 2.5mm Toe and comparing planetary and lunar views with 3.5mm Delos and 5mm Delite, I think 5mm Delite shows every detail that there is too see with 105mm aperture (mag 126x), but the two shorter FL eyepieces make seeing some aspects and structures easier to observe, especially the 3.5mm with its 20mm eye relief and its large lens. Having said that, I feel that 2.5mm Toe will become my favourite eyepiece when chasing doubles on a goto mount with tracking.
Slawomir..
The Toe 4mm is my go to doubles EP in my 115mm 805 Very little LIGHT SCATTER or any other annoying abberations as in most widefields; the 3.3mm is the same too...The Delites are outstanding too ..use em for all else.
Bigjoe
Old 26-10-2020, 09:18 AM
jamespierce (James)

Chiming in late on this thread. The Nagler 2-4mm zoom is a very good eyepiece (so is the 3-6) having the ability to tweak the magnification quickly, and push up to the seeing limit is a big benefit over having to switch between eyepieces. The only real downside is the small FOV.

The Tak EPs are really nice too, but end up being much more expensive to have an equivalent set, my sense is the quality is much the same.
Old 28-10-2020, 07:37 AM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Slawomir..
The Toe 4mm is my go to doubles EP in my 115mm 805 Very little LIGHT SCATTER or any other annoying abberations as in most widefields; the 3.3mm is the same too...The Delites are outstanding too ..use em for all else.
Bigjoe
I was worried that 2.5mm Toe will be too much for my eye(s) with 105mm f/6, but surprisingly it is still quite comfortable to look through, and as you wrote, optically Toe are excellent and fantastic on doubles. I also really like how 5mm Delite works with my small telescope - currently it is my favourite planetary eyepiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespierce View Post
Chiming in late on this thread. The Nagler 2-4mm zoom is a very good eyepiece (so is the 3-6) having the ability to tweak the magnification quickly, and push up to the seeing limit is a big benefit over having to switch between eyepieces. The only real downside is the small FOV.

The Tak EPs are really nice too, but end up being much more expensive to have an equivalent set, my sense is the quality is much the same.
Thank you James for sharing your impressions - I thought of Nagler 2-4mm but I believe those are unavailable any more. I wanted as simple eyepiece as possible below 3.5mm, and 2.5mm Toe seems to present a good balance in terms of optical performance and ease of use. Would be cool though to easily adjust magnification, so perhaps I will try a TV zoom eyepiece one night