Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-09-2015, 09:38 AM
glend (Glen)

Central Coast Morning Tea?

Any IIS Central Coast/Newcastle members, Bretti Dark Site attendees, etc who would like to get together for a morning tea say on Saturday the 19th at Westfield Tuggerah? I picked that location due to it being central to the area, and it has an Aldi where there is a camping equipment sale on Saturday the 19th.

As the 'Astro Season' is drawing to a close, and summer holidays and heat prevent us from pursuing our astro passion It would be a good chance to get together to discuss up coming Dark Site Trips, the developments out at Coolah (shhh), the future of Bretti as a destination, and other possible sites and trips, even 2016. Of course it would also be good to see everyone.
Of course other invitees, who would like to meet the regulars at Bretti, etc are welcome and if you are aware of other IIS interest then please pass this on to them.

So I plan to be at Westfield Tuggerah on Saturday morning around 8am to get in early on the Aldi dash for camping equipment; and will hang around afterwards. If anyone is planning to head there on Saturday (say between 8:30 and 10am) and want to have a chat and a coffee (sorry no port this time), post up here and we'll arrange a meeting place (we can always grab a table in the food hall, coffee shop, etc).

Cheers
Glen
Old 17-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

Hi Glen (et alii)
Thanks for organising this.
I will try to get there for a yarn, coffee, and to discuss plans.
However, my availability and timing depends, to some extent at least, on any conflicting plans of SWMBO. [its her car, and the van is too high for most areas and too long to park there on a busy day]
Old 18-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Allan

As PM'd to Glen, I will try to get there if work doesn't intervene.
Old 18-09-2015, 09:35 AM
RB (Andrew)

I might drop in.

Old 18-09-2015, 10:16 AM
glend (Glen)

In addition to the general announcement below, I have sent out PMs to many of the Bretti Dark Site thread regulars. I have received replies from most of the PMs and realise it was short notice so no surprise that many people on that list are travelling, or working or otherwise occupied. I think at this point there are three 'maybe' or 'might drop by' type replies. So I think I will call it off this time and aim to try again with more notice in the future. Thanks to those that replied, and keep an eye out for the next announcement.
Old 18-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
In addition to the general announcement below, I have sent out PMs to many of the Bretti Dark Site thread regulars. I have received replies from most of the PMs and realise it was short notice so no surprise that many people on that list are travelling, or working or otherwise occupied. I think at this point there are three 'maybe' or 'might drop by' type replies. So I think I will call it off this time and aim to try again with more notice in the future. Thanks to those that replied, and keep an eye out for the next announcement.
OK Noted, but I may still be interested in a cuppa if I bump into you there Saturday morning after checking out the Aldi sale.
Old 23-09-2015, 10:37 PM
uwahl (Ulrich)
Mr Avalot To'Learn

Still on my round North Australia trip and I won't be back until the end of October. Would appreciate an update on any discussions.

Many thanks for taking this on Glen