Old 15-04-2008, 07:29 AM
gbeal

How would you suggest the iPhone could help.
I have one, and yes, hacked, but no problems whatsoever.
Agree on the Mac being best though, but don't hold your breath for IP to work on it. Last I heard was it needs Windoze unfortunately. Nebulosity works with OSX tho.
Gary
Old 15-04-2008, 08:23 AM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

Garry, so nebulosity lets me focus my d-slr, do you use it & is it easy to ue
thanks daniel

by iphone I was hoping to plug it in to my camera, to view focus on it's screen - they are about to release software so 3rd parties can design software etc
Old 15-04-2008, 08:33 AM
gbeal

Dan,
see what you CN's trawl brings as well, but perhaps check here: http://www.stark-labs.com/nebulosity.html
My understanding is that Craig is a great guy to deal with. I don't use it though, but am thinking of perhaps trying it. Not sure if it helps with focus, couldn't see that in the list of features.
You would plug the iPhone to the camera? How? With a mini to RCA perhaps? Hmm let me try that and get back to you. There is a couple of guys in NZ writing software for the iPhone.
Old 15-04-2008, 10:16 AM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

thanks garry , have downloaded nebulosity & d-slr shutter, will give them a try when I get time
thanks daniel
Old 15-04-2008, 11:31 AM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

I contacted craig & nebulsoity will not help me get focus with my camera - looks like I will have to do it manully using hartmann mask - will go the the hardware store to find the materials to make one this afternoon
daniel
Old 15-04-2008, 04:05 PM
netwolf

Nebulosity does not support the ICNR mode. I have discussed this with Craig and he advised that in the long run its better to take darks separately so you get more imaging time. Other than that its a great bit of software that i unfortunately have not had much time to really utilize fully. But you get very good and fast support from the Author and it runs on OCX. Also version 2 is supposed to come with a new HDR focusing method. Which is supposed to be better.

With non-live view camera's you essentially have to take a shot and check your focus and then take another shot. Regardless of what software you use this is the method i believe for all cameras that dont have live view. The focusing algorithims FWHM/HDR would simply run after you take your shot and tell you if there is improvement or not.

Regards
Fahim