Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
leon

Close Yours Eyes and Picture This

Hi Guys, a couple of days ago I posted a thread in regard to having a Canon 600mm F/4.0L Lens repaired.

Although your responses to this was quick, I sadly have to say the lens is dead

I had only spoken to my friend and heard of the accident, and he told me about its condition, but after seeing the lens today, and finding out the real truth, I can now reveal it is worse than what i was told.

The story goes like this, he the lens owner was in the process of taking some evening sunsets along the rocky coast here in Darwin.

It was a little breezy, and it was mounted on a tripod and only a few feet above the water line on some rocky out crop.

To cut a long story short, it toppled into the drink, hit a rock and drowned, along with the Canon 7D attached
Yep you guessed it, it is totally stuffed, as is the camera.

I held it in my hands today and nearly cried.

As it turned out he was insured, so that is good, but to see some very large L Glass like that is so sad.

Leon

Although this is a 500mm, the one that i used to own, it looks very similar to this, just a bit larger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (a.jpg)
195.3 KB48 views
Old 03-09-2012, 01:35 PM
lacad01 (Adam)
The sky is Messier here!

what a heart breaker of a story but fortunate your friend was insured. Even still, I can just imagine that sickening feeling when that happened.