Old 18-08-2019, 06:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

More processing practice. ETA.

I rounded up all my data went thru one by one and kept only the best..in the past I would stack everything mainly cause I never had full data sets...well this image was short of red and green and blue and no O11 but I stacked each channel separately at 3x drizzle ..and when I first processed this data sometime ago I doubt if my proceesing skill was up to where I am today..mind you I have not scratched the surface but I am learning naughty tricks to get a result.

How many in this one...mmm maybe 250 at 30 seconds thru to 40 second exposure...

With the colour I sort of let the colours work them selves out... as I have no idea to be honest...so merging the colours I have I go with that result.

Anyways here it is cause like each of them you get to a point where you do know and are getting sick of it..so post it to get a different perspective.

Edit...I changed the shot I had here as it was real bad..the one further down is what I will go with...the phone really shows how bad the colour is...so that's a plus..it helps..load it then look at it one the phone...well until a better procedure presents.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (finaleta2.jpg)
198.0 KB34 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 18-08-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 18-08-2019, 06:16 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

sorry equipment..80mm Espirit (in my view a fantastic little unit so manageable but does a reasonable job) ZWO cooled mono,no darks or flats, heq5 unguided mount dark site but less than perfect seeing as I recall...so much was shot between the clouds.
stacked again in deep sky stacker using 3x drizzle, my new friend, then star tools and 50 % binning..startools seems to eat up the extreme noise
I generate using over the top gain settings,..but at 30 seconds there is little other option..then photo shop to merge the individual frames, used rubber tool to fix the blown out core with ones that had a core..two sets of ha …bit of dodge and burn to bring out more detail then a little adjustment in gimp and downsized there.
alex
Old 18-08-2019, 06:38 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I don't get it..on the lappy the colour looks good to me yet on my phone it looks terrible????
Alex
Old 18-08-2019, 06:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have turned down the saturation and am trying again...
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (finaleta.jpg)
210.8 KB30 views
Old 19-08-2019, 05:40 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

The second version is much better Alex, calibration of whatever screen you're using is critical when processing I think.
Cheers,
Tony
Old 19-08-2019, 11:27 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you Antonio.
I will look into calibrating my screen...any pointers?
Alex
Old 19-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Hi Alex, Windows has a calibrating tool via display settings. It guides you through the process. Have a hunt for it on your PC under display settings, then advanced settings, let's know if have trouble finding it.
Cheers,
Tony
Old 20-08-2019, 06:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I had a good look and cant find anything in the advanced settings...I contacted the help section and spoke to a very nice computer..I think she was a computer..but she could have been human because she gave me the run around...anyways I will ask my daughter to have a look when I see her ...but for the time being I am stuck with upload it check it adjust and load a better one...I have got into the habit of really turning down the saturation to the point where it looks almost grey black and white ..anyways not a problem. Thank you for trying to help and you certainly did by alerting me to the fact I may be able to do something.
Best wishes

alex