Old 21-01-2013, 12:59 PM
michaellxv (Michael)

'New' TMB first light.

I picked a 9mm TMB on saturday from a member and was lucky enough to give it a try that night.
I was not the greatest night to be out, quarter moon, gully winds and seeing was not that good.
But the EP was great, the only time it left the scope was for a comparison to my old 10mm Plossel.

I toured around the usual bright objects but the hilight for me was Jupiter. It just looks so much better with the TMB even in the poor conditions.
Old 28-01-2013, 11:32 AM
orestis

Yep,

The TMB is a great ep. Jupiter is a highlight in that ep, Its also a great ep for globulars and central regions of nebs especially the tarantula and orion. Great ep for the price.

Its quite sharp across the field.

Orestis
Old 29-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Varangian (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellxv View Post
I picked a 9mm TMB on saturday from a member and was lucky enough to give it a try that night.
I was not the greatest night to be out, quarter moon, gully winds and seeing was not that good.
But the EP was great, the only time it left the scope was for a comparison to my old 10mm Plossel.

I toured around the usual bright objects but the hilight for me was Jupiter. It just looks so much better with the TMB even in the poor conditions.
Yes I picked up the 6mm TMB from the same seller and was impressed with the results. Its not the original Burgess TMB, it's a chinese copy (one way to tell is the Burgess has the mm written in mm while the Chinese copies have the mm written in MM on the barrel of eyepiece) but the copies have all the physical characteristics (rotating eyecups etc.) of the original TMB and are def an upgrade on all standard plossls.

Last edited by Varangian; 29-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 29-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Paddy (Patrick)
Canis Minor

Congratulations on the new ep Michael and great that it gives such good views.