Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 06-10-2020, 02:26 PM
glend (Glen)

GSO 12" Classical Cassegrain Rumours

I have run across a few mentions (on Cloudy Nights forum), that GSO has released a limited number of the 12" version of their Classical Cassegrain, for review, this info coming out of Brazil. This would seem to be a logical progression, given the CC shares some parts with the RC models. Specs likely the same as the 10", carbon truss construction, f12, parabolic primary and hyperbolic secondary.

Described as: GSO 12" f/12 M-LRC Classical Cassegrain Truss Carbon OTA. M-LRC refers to the focuser I believe.

I have emailed Luke at Andrews to find out if they know about it and if it is inbound in their November shipment from GSO. He has told me that he has sernt an email to GSO asking for details on the 12" CC, and plans. I will let you know if I hear back.

Also Agena Astro has confirmed the rumour and had this to say regarding USA availability:

"When it is actually in production, yes. This is still in the works with no ETA or price at this point.

Sincerely,

Tom

AgenaAstro.com"

Last edited by glend; 06-10-2020 at 02:37 PM.