Old 23-10-2020, 05:59 AM
Fernando

M83

Dear all, for your comments and suggestions, regards, Fernando.

Camera: ZWO 075 MC Pro, -5C
L-Pro Filter
Mount: Mach1
SW Esprit 120 ED
100 x 3 minutes Lights + Dark + Flat Darks
Processed in PixInsight
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (JPEG.jpg)
189.9 KB70 views
Old 23-10-2020, 06:39 AM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

oh wow, that's some great detail in the galaxy. Plenty of emission nebulae as well as dust lanes visible. I'll give this a go one day if the clouds clear, but my focal length is quite a bit shorter.

one thing it looks like you have some amp glow? affecting the lower part of the frame and some linear vertical artefacts generally. You might want to check your calibration frames, darks, flat etc.

EDIT i see you say using darks and flat darks but not flats? I use bias myself instead of flat darks, but thought flat darks need to be matched with flats to work
Old 23-10-2020, 08:12 AM
Fernando

[QUOTE=Robert_T;1497030]oh wow, that's some great detail in the galaxy. Plenty of emission nebulae as well as dust lanes visible. I'll give this a go one day if the clouds clear, but my focal length is quite a bit shorter.

one thing it looks like you have some amp glow? affecting the lower part of the frame and some linear vertical artefacts generally. You might want to check your calibration frames, darks, flat etc.

EDIT i see you say using darks and flat darks but not flats? I use bias myself instead of flat darks, but thought flat darks need to be matched with flats to work.

Thanks Robert,

I do have some amp glow with the ZWO071MC Pro. Still not able to avoid it in my light frames and/or fixing it totally during callibration; a final dynamic crop turns the image aestetically better (see attached). In the previous post, I made a mistake and posted the image still not cropped. By the way, I use darks, flats and dark flats and no bias. I will check the calibration frames, thanks.

Regards, Fernando
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FINAL JPEG03.jpg)
180.5 KB35 views
Old 23-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Fernando
Great image of M83 showing good detail in the spirals and nice star field
Noise floor is up a bit but trying to smear it or hide it would only affect your level of fine detail
Try reducing the blue bias a little bit and increase the red a little bit , just a suggestion
A great image just the same
Well done !!
Martin
Old 23-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Excellent detail and colour.
Old 23-10-2020, 07:40 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Very nice image Fernando. Plenty of detail and the colour looks good. It's just the background noise which is a little distracting but should be easy to remove with some more bias frames I think. Otherwise you can create a really good star mask and isolate the background from the foreground and apply some individual noise reduction passes on each channel.
Old 24-10-2020, 03:21 AM
Fernando

Thank you all, for comments and suggestions. I am always going back to my images, looking for ways to improve it. Yous suggestions are very wellcome!
Regards, Fernando
Old 24-10-2020, 06:39 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Really excellent colour, love this. Wondering what setting is your dithering setting?
Old 24-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

[QUOTE

I do have some amp glow with the ZWO071MC Pro. Still not able to avoid it in my light frames and/or fixing it totally during callibration; a final dynamic crop turns the image aestetically better (see attached). In the previous post, I made a mistake and posted the image still not cropped. By the way, I use darks, flats and dark flats and no bias. I will check the calibration frames, thanks.

Regards, Fernando[/QUOTE]

Hi Fernando, I'm surprised by the amp glow. I have the exact same camera and run at -5deg, often 3-5min subs, as you are and have really pushed it in post-processing and have never yet seen any evidence of amp glow after I've calibrated. Haven't really looked for it is the lights but have never noticed any there either. Wonder if something unique to your setup that's in play if not something wrong with calibration frames. Let us know if you find the culprit!
Old 24-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Fernando

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhin63 View Post
Really excellent colour, love this. Wondering what setting is your dithering setting?

Hi Malcon,

In SGPro Autoguide: Medium Dither, every 3 frames.

Regards, Fernando
Old 24-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Fernando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
[QUOTE

Regards, Fernando

Hi Robert,

What I am going to do is take advantage of the never ending clouds and rain down here in Brasil to rebuild all my calibration frames. I will see how it goes.

Regards, Fernando

Hi Fernando, I'm surprised by the amp glow. I have the exact same camera and run at -5deg, often 3-5min subs, as you are and have really pushed it in post-processing and have never yet seen any evidence of amp glow after I've calibrated. Haven't really looked for it is the lights but have never noticed any there either. Wonder if something unique to your setup that's in play if not something wrong with calibration frames. Let us know if you find the culprit![/QUOTE]
Old 24-10-2020, 12:14 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Fernando, something maybe worth trying is to ditch the dark flats and add bias frames (take lots of them). Also if your mount settles well, you can try and adjust the frequency of dithering to every second frame. Imaging runs will be longer but the data should have slightly better SNR after stacking, giving you a little more headroom when stretching.