Old 23-05-2011, 04:26 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Nay, nay ,nay
Old 23-05-2011, 05:27 PM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink138 View Post
Chucky, Charles, Chucky, Chucky...if it wasn't for the fact that you take this nonsense so seriously this whole conversation would be hilarious!!!!

you forgot "chuckster" or "The chuckster"
for that shall be his name!
"The Chucklester"? Aren't all of us - with one exception - laughing?
Old 23-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Satchmo

From your blog : "Furthermore, Mercury is generally too close to the horizon at sunrise, (and sunset) to be seen in a suburban environment. Only Venus, with a smallish Jupiter, (mistaken for Mercury until my telescope told me otherwise), on the far side of the solar system, were visible."

Actually Mercury was well placed forming a close triangle with Jupiter and Venus and easily seen from Sydney Observatory in the center of the city.

Looks like you'd better go consult your astrology charts again - or speak to an amateur astronomer.
How can I put it - don't give up your day job...
Old 23-05-2011, 06:07 PM
COSMOPARADISE (Nick)
Nick Ulich

bit of a can of worms it seems.
Old 23-05-2011, 06:20 PM
AG Hybrid (Adrian)
A Friendly Nyctophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
Sheesh guys, you are sucha bunch of suckers.
He must be loving it. Trolls love this stuff , he's probably wetting
himself.
Now you're looking up his blog and quoting it....your life is passing by while
you waste emotion on these losers.

"Who is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
Ben Kenobi
+10

^^^This.

Ive been monitoring this thread from work today every now and then. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention this, if at all.

For such a large group of intelligent people, you guys let yourselves get sucker punched. lol

Word from the wiser. Don't feed the trolls.
Old 23-05-2011, 06:44 PM
TheDecepticon

LOL!

Great thread!
Old 23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
TrevorW

I'm still waiting for an answer, Chuckie
Old 23-05-2011, 07:31 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post

Synchronicity makes even the things we read in newspapers, VERY relevant to our lives:

Thank goodness I don't read the newspaper... it's the internet for me
Old 23-05-2011, 07:36 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....milies/sad.gif
But I will leave you with the notion of how synchronicity works:

Quote:
Yes but you see that is an assumption on your part. World events might dictate otherwise. However I fully understand why people are saying astrology is not scientific. It's because there are many variables and we can't exactly replicate the world in a test tube to prove any of this. Fine, but does that really mean it's a pseudoscience? Does it really mean we are Verbotten?!

I also took it upon myself to make blog post regarding this debacle:

http://nibiru-info.blogspot.com/2011...astrology.html

Thank you.
Come on man.. you said you were leaving...
Old 23-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Kal (Andrew)
1¼" ñì®våñá

What a fascinating thread (from a psychological point of view), some people will believe what they want to believe I guess, no matter how irrational.

I honestly didn't think that there would be any astrologers on IIS
Old 23-05-2011, 08:04 PM
stephenb (Stephen)

Well Chucky's also involved in this forum: http://www.conspiracyparadise.com/forum/ ...enough said...
Old 23-05-2011, 08:27 PM
AG Hybrid (Adrian)
A Friendly Nyctophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenluceskies View Post
Well Chucky's also involved in this forum: http://www.conspiracyparadise.com/forum/ ...enough said...
Ok this is just /thread.
Old 23-05-2011, 08:38 PM
overlord (Charles)
Saturn Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorW View Post
Chucky I'm on your side as long as you can confirm what they say about Sagittarians is true then I can stick it too all those nay sayers

so rude ain't they
Phew, it's rather late and i'm not used to posting here at this time.

Hello. I must admit I have never paid much attention to the horoscope astrologers. I have no idea what this Saggitarius thing is about. I feel however that horoscope astrological ideas can't help but work due to the unyielding phenomenon of synchronicity, however one chooses to work them out. I concentrate more on the weather and financial side of astrology, as it relates and pertains to climate cycles. I can quantify that with various economic and sunspot/earthquake charts, etc. Whether the stars work as a clock for earth cycles, or a causative link is really irrelevant so far as prediction is concerned. However I believe there is a causative aspect thanks to the reality of the electric universe model.

I earnestly recommend a deep reading of Eric Lerner's 90s work: 'The Big Bang never happened.' I believe cosmic electricity is responsible for many of the phenomena for which non-existent 'dark matter' is blamed. There is a fudge-factor for electric universe in conventional cosmology known as 'dark energy'. This is essentially similar to what electric universe theorists postulate is occurring, however by alternate means.

To be fair to the horoscope astrologers, I personally undertook to test my personal horoscope using this website.

http://alabe.com/freechart/

To my surprise, it was about 90% correct. I sent it to an ex, and she said it was about 70-80% for her. I sent it to another ex, who according to my friends is most probably the most beautiful woman in Australia, similar to Lara Bingle but more impressive. For her it was about 90%. The mechanism? I have no idea, suffice to say that cosmic electricity may shape our minds at an early age. I don't see why not since it shapes the sun as well, so why not our minds? We are merely a carbon manifestation of the outer layer of the Sun, so these things actually affect us tremendously.

To respond to another user who said that the distance increase or decrease to earth was insignificant... how about the tidal forces inside the actual Sun? If gravity can pull the sun into a new place it can surely change internal structures inside the Sun and cause it to behave errantly, as is currently the case, in which we are entering a new maunder minimum.
Old 23-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Old 23-05-2011, 08:41 PM
dugnsuz (Doug)

clickety clack clickety clack clickety clack...

The keyboard sounds of many astronomer's frantically responding to the above!!
Old 23-05-2011, 09:43 PM
adman (Adam)
Seriously Amateur

Oh man! I always miss all the fun. Can someone please PM me whenever there is a hissy fit. It's just so darn entertaining.
Old 23-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

lol... astrology... and *l*ctr*c *n*v*rs* in the one post.

Carl and Craig and Steven and Bojan are going to blow a blood vessel in their heads.

H
Old 23-05-2011, 09:58 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
lol... astrology... and *l*ctr*c *n*v*rs* in the one post.

Carl and Craig and Steven and Bojan are going to blow a blood vessel in their heads.

H

Good one H
Old 23-05-2011, 10:23 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Quote:
Phew, it's rather late and i'm not used to posting here at this time.

Hello. I must admit I have never paid much attention to the horoscope astrologers. I have no idea what this Saggitarius thing is about. I feel however that horoscope astrological ideas can't help but work due to the unyielding phenomenon of synchronicity, however one chooses to work them out. I concentrate more on the weather and financial side of astrology, as it relates and pertains to climate cycles. I can quantify that with various economic and sunspot/earthquake charts, etc. Whether the stars work as a clock for earth cycles, or a causative link is really irrelevant so far as prediction is concerned. However I believe there is a causative aspect thanks to the reality of the electric universe model.

I earnestly recommend a deep reading of Eric Lerner's 90s work: 'The Big Bang never happened.' I believe cosmic electricity is responsible for many of the phenomena for which non-existent 'dark matter' is blamed. There is a fudge-factor for electric universe in conventional cosmology known as 'dark energy'. This is essentially similar to what electric universe theorists postulate is occurring, however by alternate means.

To be fair to the horoscope astrologers, I personally undertook to test my personal horoscope using this website.

http://alabe.com/freechart/

To my surprise, it was about 90% correct. I sent it to an ex, and she said it was about 70-80% for her. I sent it to another ex, who according to my friends is most probably the most beautiful woman in Australia, similar to Lara Bingle but more impressive. For her it was about 90%. The mechanism? I have no idea, suffice to say that cosmic electricity may shape our minds at an early age. I don't see why not since it shapes the sun as well, so why not our minds? We are merely a carbon manifestation of the outer layer of the Sun, so these things actually affect us tremendously.

To respond to another user who said that the distance increase or decrease to earth was insignificant... how about the tidal forces inside the actual Sun? If gravity can pull the sun into a new place it can surely change internal structures inside the Sun and cause it to behave errantly, as is currently the case, in which we are entering a new maunder minimum.
I honestly have never read so much pure nonsense and self delusional dribbling in all my life. You call yourself a "scientist' (and I'd use that term very advisedly) and then you have the temerity to waffle on about "testing" a "personal horoscope theory" by using yourself and array of "ex's" who were somehow qualified to make any sort of comment...one of them some sort of hot stuff!!!??? Only for the fact this is a family site, I have a few very good words which I could use to describe that little bit of incredulous prose.

Then you go onto rambling on about EU and Eric Lerner!!!!

You and "Electroboy" would make a great couple. You'd get along like a house on fire!!! Geez, I'd even be really happy for you if you both got engaged!!!

Really, you should write a science fiction novel about your theories. It's about the only place where your ideas belong.
Old 23-05-2011, 10:27 PM
dugnsuz (Doug)

Quote:
I sent it to another ex, who according to my friends is most probably the most beautiful woman in Australia, similar to Lara Bingle but more impressive.
To plagiarize another recent thread..."Pics or it never happened."
Closed Thread