Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM
N1 (Mirko)

What's so bloody ridiculous about the chemtrail conspiracy theory is that there is no need to conspire in the first place. If authorities decided chemtrails were the thing to do, they would just go ahead and do it, without any secrecy. The population as a whole would just do the same thing they do when it comes to industrial and recreational air pollution, climate change, warfare, unfair taxation or muppet politics on the world stage - absolutely nothing! Why chemtrails should stand out as something that could not be made public lest the people revolt and actually get off their saturated arses is an absolute mystery to me.

Edit: Someone like Merlin could probably tell you what the mist is made of just by analysing the Sun's spectrum as seen through the supposed chemtrails

Last edited by N1; 03-12-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Silverskies

Official documents pertaining to geoengineering, weather modification, weather derivatives etc.
http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/documents-2/

Aircraft have been able to fly without a pilot for a long time therefore it is unnecessary to have pilots involved. For more info on the droning of aircraft, google Abeldanger and uninterruptible autopilot.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:16 PM
MrB (Simon)
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteradams View Post
I got online and did some research. One site explained that the problem contrails form when heat from a plane's exhaust interacts with cold upper atmosphere ice crystals. It vaporizes them, and creates long 'strips' of clouds that spread out and eventually blend together, causing the whole sky to become overcast. Makes perfect sense.
Not quite. The water is a product of the combustion of the fuel itself. Apparently for every kg of Jet A-1 fuel burned, 3.15kg of CO2 and 1.26kg of H2O are produced as exhaust gas (equivalent to 1.26 litres of liquid water)

Edit: I'm now waiting for the inevitable question about how 3.15kg of CO2 and 1.26kg of H2O can come from just 1kg of fuel burned
Old 08-12-2014, 03:32 PM
brunono2 (Brian)

Please look at the type of evidence provided to the United Nations in 2007 by Dr Rosiland Peterson (A scientist concerned about the effect of chemicals pumped into the atmosphere as part of Geoengineering efforts on agriculture) showing that geoengineering is taking place. If you look at the man produced chemical clouds which she shows on the presentation to the United Nations you will recognise many of the wispy so called clouds in our atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eKH6U3RNqI

This is an official UN video- people who will bother to investigate for themselves rather than simply dismiss the as a conspiracy theory and simply look at some of the crazy cloud formations will soon realise what is really going on

Bruno
Old 08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
MrB (Simon)
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Evidence?
In 2012 she openly stated she has no evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXt0BTOTN0
She states that after 10 years of research, she has "NO EVIDENCE"

Also, Dr.Peterson has never once uttered the word 'Chemtrail'.
In fact she is trying very hard to distance herself from the conspiracy theory 'community'

Also, the video you linked is always claimed to be of a UN address. But it is not.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ineering.3514/
Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Silverskies

Also see http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/e...cId=US73564228
(US20120117003) Geoengineering Method Of Business Using Carbon Counterbalance Credits
“A business method for providing an emissions trading approach value to products and services that provide active cooling of the Earth that provides a sustainable means for global cooling strategies to achieve commercial value, in order to drive development and real-world application of these approaches, comprising the steps of manufacturing a light-scattering nanoparticle (527), deploying the stratospheric nanoparticles for reducing solar radiation incident on the Earth (537), receiving Carbon Counterbalance Credits in exchange for the local, national, regional, or international benefits derived from said deployment (547), and derives income from selling said credits in order to create a sustainable and viable business (557). Systems, devices, and agents for deployment in accordance with the business method are also disclosed.”
Old 09-12-2014, 03:36 PM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
distance herself from the conspiracy theory 'community'
Is there actually such a thing as a 'conspiracy theory community'
I'd be curious to know if that would include people that accept the official narrative of 911 for example? (being that it is also a conspiracy theory)
Old 09-12-2014, 07:36 PM
MrB (Simon)
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Sure, why not. We here on this forum are a community of amateur astronomers are we not?
There are a plethora of conspiracy fora out there, many of which have sub-fora/threads covering 911.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:36 PM
cjb (Chris)

Wow, the skies must be rubbish over in Perth at the moment with all those Qantas plane having to turn back and dump fuel - sorry I forgot, planes don't ever dump fuel

chris
Old 09-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb View Post
sorry I forgot, planes don't ever dump fuel

chris
You are absolutely correct Chris, none of those Qantas aircraft dumped fuel.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 PM
cjb (Chris)

Oh Allan, you make me giggle Has the naughty media been telling me lies again

Merry Christmas to you and all the IIS group

Chris
Old 10-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb View Post
Has the naughty media been telling me lies again

Chris
They certainly have, and they do it all the time. How do I know? As per my earlier post to you, I fly the A380 for Qantas.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:12 PM
cjb (Chris)

Still giggling, Alan Still at least all the chemtrail guys now know who to blame (I wish they did a smile icon for falling off your chair with laughter!)

Merry Christmas
Chris
Old 13-12-2014, 08:27 AM
rcheshire (Rowland)

Quote:
Is there actually such a thing as a 'conspiracy theory community'
No. It's a conspiracy!
Old 14-03-2015, 03:55 AM
Mokusatsu (Australia)

Don't listen to the naysayers!

Chemtrails are real. You can fight conspiracy theorists by signing this petition:

https://www.communityrun.org/petitio...trail-spraying

Old 18-03-2015, 12:57 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
Yep, 'chemtrails' are just another conspiracy theory, popularised by the ability of any uninformed person being able to publish any old crackpot idea on the Internet. Don't be fooled by it! Put it in a box beside moon landing conspiracies, climate denial, 9-11 troofers, HAARP, Obamas birth certificate, and various other unsupported conspiracy theories.
That is an interesting bag of conspiracy theories. I respectfully suggest that you might be in error in putting them all in the same basket of legitimacy.

My take on them is as follows:

Moon Landing conspiracy: bogus (I think)

Climate Denial: bogus

Haarp: Perhaps not what it is made out to be but there is evidence which is cause for concern....
The DOD has openly admitted that the purpose of HAARP was manipulation of the ionosphere (as distinct from research)
http://www.adn.com/article/20140514/.../99/100/&ihp=1
It is also worth noting the contents of Resolution 31/72 of the United Nations General Assembly which specifically addresses the use of weather manipulation for strategic ends:
http://www.un-documents.net/a31r72.htm
Smoke without fire?

Obamas birth certificate: Most likely bogus... Interesting though that the PDF had something like 23 layers when a simple photocopy would suffice, so probably bait to discredit the gullible, a distraction or both.

9-11 troofers: (Ad-Hominen duly noted)
I contend that it is a mistake to actually label the call for truth with respect to this conspiracy, a conspiracy theory in itself. By that I mean; the official narrative is a conspiracy theory which is proven to be an inadequate explanation of the events of that day. The best piece of evidence for that is the fact that 9 of the alleged hijackers were alive to protest their innocence the day after 9-11. There is also the statements of the people involved in the 9-11 comission, for example, the co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission (Thomas Keane and Lee Hamilton) said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation” they also said that the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials misrepresented the facts to the Commission, and the Commission considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements.

9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said “We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting”

Former 9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: “It is a national scandal”; “This investigation is now compromised”; and “One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up”

The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) who led the 9/11 staff’s inquiry, said “I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described …. The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years…. This is not spin. This is not true.”

In light of this, I contend that (without pre-supposing who dunit) it is entirely reasonable to ask for an explanation that is consistent with the evidence at hand (starting with wtc7) and satisfies the requests for information of the original members of the 9-11 commission.

Last edited by clive milne; 18-03-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 18-03-2015, 10:45 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Face it, the chemtrails both made the 9-11 pilots groggy and also weakened the structure of the towers. Them chemtrails is bad juju...
Old 18-03-2015, 10:59 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Face it, the chemtrails both made the 9-11 pilots groggy and also weakened the structure of the towers. Them chemtrails is bad juju...
Old 18-03-2015, 11:16 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I agree on the 9-11 "palm off" - lots of very poor official explanations and a lot that makes no sense at all. I fear we will need to wait for the declassification of these files, which I trully believe will be RECLASSIFIED when they are due to be released. I will be long since ash by then anyway, so it matters not.

CIA staging events to polarise the USA/World? No, never happen, no not the USA... impossible .
Old 18-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Eden (Brett)
Registered Rambler

I am glad there are some sane voices in this thread.

Contrails are a common phenomenon, the increased frequency of which (as someone correctly pointed out) can be attributed to the steady rise in the amount air traffic over the years.

Do be not fooled into believing the bunk that is the "chemtrail" conspiracy.

Sure, some farmers have their crops sprayed with small aircraft, but if you seriously think that that Qantas flight from Melbourne to Adelaide is secretly dumping tonnes
of toxic chemicals on the unsuspecting community, then you should seriously consider psychiatric help.

Now, where did I put my tin-foil hat?