Old 18-01-2008, 09:05 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Pentax *istD - BULB mode

Just got a second hand Pentax. Dowloaded the remote assistant. It allows me to trigger shutter release from PC via USB. In manual the max exposure time is 30s. In bulb mode I need to click the release button in the program with the mouse button, then let go to close. Is there a utility or program that allows you to schedule X shots at Y second intervals for an exposure time of Z seconds when the camera is in bulb mode. I used a program called theforce that did a simlar thing with a Nikon Camera. I'm pretty sure there would be something out there for download or commercial that achieves the same thing. I'd rather schedule the shoot and go for a cuppa rather than standing in front of my laptop Thanks.
Old 18-01-2008, 11:13 PM
omnivorr

"Dowloaded the remote assistant..." please elaborate!! can I get this to suit my K100D Super ???
Old 19-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Remote Assistant is available from the Pentax website.

http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/supp...d_digital.html

Note that there are only 2 downloads, for the K10D and *ist D.

I did download the *ist D version for my *ist DS and it worked fine until Pentax revised the *ist DS Firmware (from Version 2.0 to 2.2 IIRC) and then it ceased to work on the *ist DS, so they must have “crippled” the firmware as the software was only intended for the *ist D.

Fortunately, I had a back up copy of Version 2.0 Firmware which I re-installed in the camera

Cheers

Dennis
Old 19-01-2008, 03:40 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Remote Assistant is available from the Pentax website.

http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/supp...d_digital.html

Note that there are only 2 downloads, for the K10D and *ist D.

I did download the *ist D version for my *ist DS and it worked fine until Pentax revised the *ist DS Firmware (from Version 2.0 to 2.2 IIRC) and then it ceased to work on the *ist DS, so they must have “crippled” the firmware as the software was only intended for the *ist D.

Fortunately, I had a back up copy of Version 2.0 Firmware which I re-installed in the camera

Cheers

Dennis
yep wise words indeed and I do remember the conversation we had on this issue a while back. There is no real reason to go past the v2 update
Old 25-01-2008, 10:43 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Thanks for the tips. I went the Canon Remote Control way. Hacked the cable to insert two 2.5mm Sterero mini jacks F/M in between so I can still use the end adapterfor Canon cameras down the road. That will allow me to do what I wanted.