Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 11-12-2017, 04:16 PM
GOTO (Geoff)

Paramount MYT software limit issue

Hi all,
I recently took a major step in my astrophotography journey and upgraded to a Paramount MYT for my William Optics 132mm. With help I managed to get it to work beautifully last Saturday night but like some newbies I crashed it into the pier.

I had tried to set the slew limits via TCS but it appears to work backward. When the scope is on the east side of the pier and i insert the limit using the 'set this position' tab I can't then slew over the mount, only toward and therefore under the mount. I thought it might be a Southern Hemisphere issue and swapped sides but no luck there either.

I googled and some people in 2012 had the same issue with the MX but Bisque said it's no longer an issue. I've posted there too and am waiting but thought perhaps someone here may have had similar Paramount issues and advice.

PS I also had already set the slew limits via the horizon and altitude limits in the SkyX Pro

Regards
Geoff
Old 12-12-2017, 06:43 PM
GOTO (Geoff)

Any Paramount users out there please?
Geoff
Old 12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
gregbradley

I used to find the software slew limits in Sky X often out. I would have to reset them every time I booted up the program.
There is also a setting for Southern Hemisphere in TCS make sure it says that.

Every now and then Sky X in the past would think you're in the Northern Hemisphere and the sure sign of that would be it would start slewing towards the ground.

Greg.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 PM
GOTO (Geoff)

Thanks Greg,
Yep I checked the hemisphere settings in TCS. The weirdest thing is that the mount wants to slew the wrong way when I set just one side of the pier which does make me think it's got the north and south wrong but the pointing is very accurate. Very confusing.
Cheers
Geoff
Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 PM
gregbradley

Try clicking on the southern hemisphere button again. I found sometimes it says that but it doesn't set.

SB is very northern hemisphere centric.

Greg.
Old 14-12-2017, 11:37 PM
PRejto (Peter)

There is one important setting that is frequently overlooked when making changed inside the Bisque TCS. Whenever anything is changed it must be saved to the mount's flash memory. This is found at the bottom of the first page in a drop down menu. It is not obvious and is a frequent cause of error and frustration.

Peter
Old 19-12-2017, 09:53 PM
GOTO (Geoff)

Hi all, thanks for you help. With a long refractor I couldn't get the mount into the atypical position with the centre of the OTA below the counterweights. Once I changed the OTA to a shorter one everything was fine. Not very impressed really so the only way around it is to by the pier extension from Bisque.
Cheers
Geoff