Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 11-03-2017, 10:01 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Windows PC Googlechrome misbehaving ?

Hi All,
Hope someone can shed some light on this problem Im having with Google chrome ?
I click on web page links anywhere, for another page, or to sing in to here and others etc - doesnt matter where I click, but approx 3 times out of 5 I get this windows repair tool and Windows support pages - windows this microsoft that coming up all over the place, , ? ? Even come up when I click on a blank part of a web page ? ?

I guess something has got into my PC ???
But how to get rid of it,

Im running windows 7,
I have done a malwarebytes 'free' scan = nothing
I have deleted my browsing history back to 'time began'
Have done a windows update,,,
- - but these are Not doing anything ? Yes I know, they probably wont, PC Iliterate this duck ??

The Target Remains ,,,,

Im wondering if doing a Restore point caper back to a month ago might solve it ??
This crazy stuff only started yesterday ??

Some pics attached and some word txt is even highlighted with the a Link to there advertisement, <--- Pic 4 ) Damn

Guess I need something else ? your help needed somewhat on this one
Thanx in advance,
PS, Im logging off directly, am going camping in the morning - whilst all this RAIN they talk about next week, Lol, but can only check in on phone from time to time - back in 10 days if we dont drown 1st

Cheers again
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Window Tool fix 1..JPG)
172.3 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (Window Tool fix 2..JPG)
172.4 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (Window Tool fix 3..JPG)
152.3 KB34 views
Click for full-size image (Window Tool fix 4..JPG)
91.8 KB33 views
Old 12-03-2017, 12:15 AM
RAJAH235
A very 'Senior' member.

Hi Bob,
A quick Google for "reimageplus" brings these "fixes."
You can see the web site in the URL bar in your image.
Apparently...You just un-install it in the "normal" way, but check the results from the Google link.
> https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...bfLIXp8weqy784

Stay dry.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Sounds like your page has been hacked. If it were IE I would say refresh your cache, maybe that would work with Chrome as well. There used to be a free proggy out called unhack me or something similar which would repair a hacked home page.
Re system restore, no need really to go back too far, if it only started a day ago, go back to a day or 2 before that and see what happens.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:54 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Hey Cheers, RAJAH, I do appreciate this much. Will check in Progs and carry out deleting anything there, was one place I didn't check, sounds feasible enough & hope its this simple - HavagoodN !!

Thanx a bunch also Peter,, I will definitely take onboard & act on your goid advice mate. Hope your doing well champ !
I'm hoping to do an astro image this year, Been a while !!

Ps, have settle in camp (for 11 nights) today, Will check-over PC when back !!!
pss, slight chance of storms next 3 days, and showers following days, will put my restoration camper project over last 6 months to the test - Happy Days - touch wood :-)

Kind Rgrds ,,,
Old 13-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

That is definitely malware, so you must of downloaded something fishy, installed it and along with it came the malware. so even if you remove the extensions etc from chrome it will still be there, you need to get the free trial of malwarebytes, do a scan and it will remove it. just remember , dont click the links on the "pc repair site", what will ensue will just be more malware and probably a virus, or even cryptolocker, which can and will irreversibly erase the entire hard drive top to bottom.
Old 26-03-2017, 09:48 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Hi RAJAH, Peter & Logan

Had an ok holiday, some wet days, but mostly dry tho overcast the rest !

I have just sorted this Issue out, as the Links and advice from you all go , , I had a manual look through 'Progs' nothing there ?
Had a bit of a look through other areas in controll panel, just because I could, Lol not much doing :-)
Did malware scan = nothing ! A Windows essential scan = Nothing & think a microsoft scan = nothing .

Ok , next to look for internet browser extentions, - nothing there either ??
Well, nothing I could see, not much there anyway, so not a complex caper ? but nothing relevant at all ?

so, a stab in the dark, thought to activate, Reset Browser Settings, just incase something was buried/hidden or disguised beyond my recognition - - -

And

Bingo ! ! So Far - - So Good

Guess all I can do now is to see how it plays for a few days ?

Anyway, just like to say Thanx to you all, I would not have thought it out myself, but your guidance etc has helped in solving this issue, thus far, touch wood !!

Best Rgrds all