Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 09-04-2018, 01:30 PM
ntk.thava (Hamish Thava)

O2 Hurricane 320+ Canless Air System

I have a O2 Hurricane 320+ Canless Air System ( https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...ss-air-system/ ) for sale. it is going for $120 (ship within Australia at no extra cost).

Anyone interested can email me at ntk.thava@gmail.com or call me at 0428-727-976.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1461814760-CA202s.jpg)
9.8 KB55 views

Last edited by ntk.thava; 19-04-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 16-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Ozincm (Greg)

Re. Canless air system

Hi just wanted to know how safe this system would be in cleaning my Mewlon 210 primary mirror.. I am very hesitant to take it apart to clean . But this system of your may be the answer..cheers Greg
Old 17-04-2018, 01:21 PM
AstroApprentice (Jason)

Hi Greg,
I regularly use the Hurricane on EPs, filters etc and have used it on my u-210 primary! You'll want the nozzle kit or to make your own. If you're thinking of blowing down from the top of the u-210 tube, then you may want to adapt a long nozzle/tube to reach down, but you risk simply moving dust around that may resettle. It's better to unscrew the primary holder and remove it from the tube to blow across primary and fully remove dust. Easy enough to do with some care.
The hurricane is noisy, but works very well. Keeps charge for a fair while as well.
Old 18-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Ozincm (Greg)

The Hurricane

Thanks Jason for your feedback.. is it difficult to remove the rear primary. .. or is it simply a matter of removing the 4 screws and gently moving the rear cell back off the main tube.. how does this effect collimation once cleaned and reattached? Their is not much on cleaning Mewlons on the web. Thanks for your help.
Old 18-04-2018, 04:01 PM
AstroApprentice (Jason)

Hi Greg,
Yes simply unscrew the screws. I place the u-210 standing vertically on it's opening ie secondary end down when doing this. Then the primary holder can be slid out relatively easily, albeit gently and put the advertised Hurricane to work! Have a padded area ready to prop primary on as you don't really want to rely on it balancing on the small visual back. P.27 of the manual explains the process surprisingly well for a Tak manual. Doesn't seem to change collimation much, if at all. As you've probably figured out, the primary collimation is held very tightly by those hex bolts.
BTW, you can replace one of the primary holder screws with one slightly longer to facilitate adding a finder shoe - I like having a wide-view RDF finder in combination with the Tak 9x50 finder.