ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-10-2014, 07:24 PM
speach (Simon)

Black hole discovered

The news that there may not be black holes came as a great shock to me. You see I know that there are such things in nature. In fact there is a small one about 10 meters away. See picture. Objects that go past it's event horizon can be retrieved but the means of that retrieval is still a mystery to scientific and male community. It seems that a female can do it with no mathematics at all. But try as we may we men with the aid of higher mathematics, quantum mechanics, astrology, pleading have no hope
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0072[1].jpg)
215.1 KB106 views
Old 26-10-2014, 08:35 PM
DavidU (Dave)
Like to learn

Old 26-10-2014, 09:18 PM
omegacrux (David)

I thought they were a teleportation device
things placed in them can never be found !
Except in another part of the house.
so they might be wormholes!

David
Old 26-10-2014, 11:12 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You may end up sleeping on the lounge if she sees your post
Old 28-10-2014, 07:07 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Aha !! A 'Micro-Tardis' ... capable of concealing anything !
Old 28-10-2014, 10:25 AM
mithrandir (Andrew)

There are a few of these around the house here. The owner is forever moving things between the versions. This causes endless frustration when after searching for ages she suddenly realises the item she wants is in another "Tardis".
Old 28-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Larryp (Laurie)

In my wife's case, copious quantities of money disappear beyond the event horizon
Old 28-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Nice one Simon.
Old 28-10-2014, 02:00 PM
jenchris (Jennifer)

Ah.... a bag of holding...
I know guys have much the same sort of thing - it's much bigger and called either a shed or the garage.
Old 28-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Can't argue that point Jennifer.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:16 PM
speach (Simon)

Yes Jennifer (quick check to see how far away you are) But all our things in the shed are Important !!!! Ducks out of the way of flying objects!
Old 28-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Brian3. (Brian)

I have known about this phenomena for years but no one ever believed me. Thank God that at last eyes are being opened. Of course the advent of plastic tender should have changed the "inner state" but the opposite has occurred. This of course is "The Great Paradox" manifest on tiny little Earth. As the female population increases one would expect the additional mass generated by their personal gravity sinks to manifest itself in a gradual shift in the Earths orbit, but not so. The reason why the balance is maintained is a complementing loss of mass through the laundries of, believe it or not, the average suburban house. Where does this mass end up? Planet Sox, that's where, an inward collapsing mass of foot attire characterised by the fact that there are NO MATCHING PAIRS!
Old 28-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Larryp (Laurie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3. View Post
I have known about this phenomena for years but no one ever believed me. Thank God that at last eyes are being opened. Of course the advent of plastic tender should have changed the "inner state" but the opposite has occurred. This of course is "The Great Paradox" manifest on tiny little Earth. As the female population increases one would expect the additional mass generated by their personal gravity sinks to manifest itself in a gradual shift in the Earths orbit, but not so. The reason why the balance is maintained is a complementing loss of mass through the laundries of, believe it or not, the average suburban house. Where does this mass end up? Planet Sox, that's where, an inward collapsing mass of foot attire characterised by the fact that there are NO MATCHING PAIRS!
Loss of mass from sox is compensated for by the proliferation of wire coathangers
Old 29-10-2014, 12:21 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Simon
This post got me thing about black holes again...reading more stuff and discussions on science forums.
It then occurred to me using your hand bag anology ...objects may not be crushed in a black hole but follow orbits determined by the local region and also the outside universe..
So maybe after the event horizon the matter actually remains..maybe different but matter...and it is like a little solar system ...
I have to stop thinking about this sort of material...
Old 29-10-2014, 04:52 PM
speach (Simon)

From what I've read and tried to work out you may be right, matter isn't crushed to nothingness, it can't be. It may be compressed until it's just energy but then can gravity overcome energy? It can influence photons but it doesn't seem to influence gravitons. If it did and they could not escape the event horizon we would not see the effect of Black hole gravity on other objects? eg. light dose not escape through the event horizon but gravity does? Also x-rays seem to be emitted?
Help my "head hurts"
Well I'll go back to silly jokes much easier!
Old 29-10-2014, 11:25 PM
jenchris (Jennifer)

I used to keep the contents of an average man shed in alongside girly stuff in my bag.
As an engineer, I was never without a set of adjustable spanners and allen keys plus a leatherman tool and a set of folding screwdrivers.
Many men were grateful for my forethought and diligence.
The punishment for me fixing their cars, tvs, vcrs, other objects of male desire was to hold my handbag while they watched and learned .
Little did they know that, for a short while, in their hands they held the secret of the universe.
Old 30-10-2014, 05:55 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

NOW we finally find where the 'God' particle is ... AND Dark Matter !!
Old 30-10-2014, 09:08 AM
speach (Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
I used to keep the contents of an average man shed in alongside girly stuff in my bag.
As an engineer, I was never without a set of adjustable spanners and allen keys plus a leatherman tool and a set of folding screwdrivers.
Many men were grateful for my forethought and diligence.
The punishment for me fixing their cars, tvs, vcrs, other objects of male desire was to hold my handbag while they watched and learned .
Little did they know that, for a short while, in their hands they held the secret of the universe.
Can you explain the 'secret', think of all the money for the LHC you would save. Or is secret women business?