Old 21-06-2020, 11:07 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Jupiter and Europa

It's getting closer! Another Jupiter taken last night after some observing. Approximately 50,000 frames were captured for an animation so I had a lot more data than usual to play with. Scaled at 250% from it's original size so that Europa didn't look like a faulty pixel on the sensor.

Equipment:
130 mm APO
NEQ6
ASI290 MM
2 x Barlow

Acquisition:
L = 12856 R = 12912 G = 12864 B = 12520

Software:
AutoStakkert, RegiStax, WinJUPOS, Photoshop
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Jupiter and Europa.jpg)
181.7 KB101 views

Last edited by LostInSp_ce; 22-06-2020 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 21-06-2020, 11:55 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

Great result for a small bore, you are getting very close! So with the opportunity approaching for some fine views of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars, your acquired skills will produce excellent results I'm sure. Well done!
Old 22-06-2020, 01:44 AM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Thanks Mick. I've been mostly observing during it's lead up but I'd like to get few images. I barely took an image last year due to unforeseeable circumstances so I want to get some planetary this year. Fingers crossed the weather plays nice and life doesn't interrupt over the next few weeks.
Old 22-06-2020, 01:47 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

looks great - well done.
out of interest which 130mm apo do you have? that's great with only a 2x barlow.

cheers
Old 23-06-2020, 12:22 AM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Thanks Russell. Ideally I'd like to couple it with a TV 2.5 Powermate. I believe it would be a better match but they are so hard to come by these days. Regarding my scope unfortunately I cannot answer that because I don't know. I bought it used a few years ago from a very kind person who said that it was a prototype model and therefore no branding or manufacturer markings are present whatsoever. The only information known is the aperture and focal ratio that's provided on the lens cell. I know it may seem odd not knowing what scope you own, but to be honest it's never really bothered me. I'm just grateful to finally own one and can look at all the things a little kid once dreamed of seeing.