Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2019, 10:27 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Eta reprocess best data

Thanks to a suggestion made by Colin I decided to have another go at this object. I started by selecting only the very best data..when I looked this stuff was getting scores in DSS of up to 200000 consistently and some 100000 up on that...I have never had that score but I am not sure what it means really...so I mapped my colours following the advice of Colin but I am not sure that I did it correctly but I did try.

Some stars seem bloated and I am wondering if that could be the conditions...there was a lot of fog..maybe the high score was due to that.

Anyways here is the result and this time I would be pleased if you could note faults as you see them to see if they correspond with where I feel things could improve...so don't worry about hurting my feelings I am starting to get serious and improve a few things

Thanks for looking.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (111111111.jpg)
156.0 KB90 views
Old 01-05-2019, 10:39 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I dont get it...this image looks way way more saturated here than on my screen...I put it in hue and saturation and back off saturation until I could hardley see any colour..so I dont know.

Edit..one day later...putting this up to see if I have corrected colour.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (etafinalice.jpg)
182.8 KB45 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 02-05-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 13-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Zubenel (Wes)
Awe and Wonder

Hey Alex , yep, your colour balance is on the way to grey here I also see an addition small halo around your bright stars
Stars are round though.....:thumbsup :Cheers Wes
Old 13-05-2019, 08:19 PM
RyanJones

Hey Alex,

Beautiful depth in the nebulosity.

It looks like you've highlight clipped it too hard just based on the gray in the centre of the star next to the homunculus cloud.

I love the colours in this one
Old 14-05-2019, 12:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubenel View Post
Hey Alex , yep, your colour balance is on the way to grey here I also see an addition small halo around your bright stars
Stars are round though.....:thumbsup :Cheers Wes
Thanks for the feed back.
So many times I dial the colour down and the image appears here over "colourful" so your news is good to receive.
I thought similar about the halos and I think I over did deconvolution or maybe the original subs experienced reflection.
Thanks again.
Alex
Old 14-05-2019, 12:39 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Hey Alex,

Beautiful depth in the nebulosity.

It looks like you've highlight clipped it too hard just based on the gray in the centre of the star next to the homunculus cloud.

I love the colours in this one
Thanks for your feed back Ryan.
I was playing a little trick with that star. I used the dodge tool to produce two spheres to resemble the star as seen by Hubble☺.

The credit for round stars goes entirely to Startools as before processing yhe outter stars were really oval shaped and yet the repair tool overcame that problem such that the pressure is off to attend to that problem..must be tilt or incorrect spacing which I have put off fixing☺.
The good news is I seem to be over the dogs disease and getting back to astronomy..so this morning started setting up the Asiair wifi. I purchased a cheap 10 inch tablet ..maybe too cheap.
On yhe phone the guy at Bing Lee said $200 when I went to the store I said Office works had the same for $170..he checked and said $169☺ and then said its an older model and dropped the price to $120☺ so I hope I have not outsmarted myself.
Anyways its great for youtube.
Downloadrd Skysafari so hopefully I can get ot working ready for next trip North.
Thanks again.
Alex
Old 14-05-2019, 12:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I assume I played with the correct star but I better check as I am not so sure☺
Alex
Old 14-05-2019, 05:07 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

alex, can you send me your files BEFORE stacking and without anything done to them - I can try something
Old 14-05-2019, 09:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It seems most of my files have been stuffed..see Ransom Ware thread...
I have to check but most of all my data seems to be stuffed.
Maybe its something I have done ...so I am trying things to get to the bottom of things.
There are some messages that I will check in DSS.
Anyways thanks Lewis that would be wonderful if I can get it back..and I may have lost my Prawn data that I was sending out for a better process.

Alex
Old 14-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Sorry to hear the bad news Alex
Hopefully you can recover your files some how ?
Can’t help you in that area
Good luck !!
Old 14-05-2019, 11:14 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It heralds to start a new data base far superior than before and so I will take this purge as a timely nudge to improve both in my captures and attention to detail is bringing the set up acceptable..andperhaps a better data management ans systems generally.
Things are improving in so far as I seem to get net access and I finally downloaded the thing I need for the wifi...so all good.
And there is another external drive with something that should be ok when the problem goes away...
Just goto prepare for not having a lot of stuff maybe...
Alex
Old 15-05-2019, 12:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thing are looking brighter..did various things last night and after a good sleep it seems to be better. I am checking things moving data off the machine running softeware that promises saviour rattling bones☺ lots of Medicine..
Anyways I may have the eta data not sure about other stuff..anyways Lewis maybe I can do something after all...hopefully but it will be a while.
Alex
Old 17-05-2019, 08:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Seemed to have saved the data
Last night found I had 450 subs thru various filters and stacked the lot mainly to determine if the bug was still around.
Stacked it all and rather neat result but I want to use that as a luminance and add other subs like colours etc...but I am so busy I cant get to it...I could if I spent less time here☺
Alex