Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Exfso (Peter)

The lunacy continues

I see the yanks have done it again, another school massacre, seriously what a sick place to live with all the gun crap over there, and that Idiot Trump all he can say is God Bless All, what a joke.
Yeah I know we had an issue in WA this week, but that was a family quarrel, seriously the USA is run by a mental midget!!!
Old 19-05-2018, 02:12 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Trump is not even the President anymore - openly Pompeo, with Bolton as Vice President and Mattis as War Monger / Megalomaniac. And then the appointment of a KNOWN torturer as CIA chief. The mind boggles. The States are going to hell in a handbasket and FAST.

I reckon if the Swamp continues to be populated with nothing but war mongering hawkish crones - the diametrically opposed opposite of what Trump promised, that civil war WILL erupt within the USA. At least it may stop them killing rest of the world for a change.
Old 19-05-2018, 03:03 PM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

The USA is a democracy. The 300 million population seems happy enough to have a school massacre every few months and in total there are only about 15000 Americans killed each year by guns. At least the USA is “safe” and “free.” Not like Indonesia, terrorist training ground, which has 250 million population and has an appalling 1400 gun deaths a year. A gun death rate 1000 times higher is a small price to pay for freedom.

Obviously my comments above are tongue in cheek. I feel sorry for those people in the USA who abhor guns and violence, this group includes most Americans I call friends. Until the majority change their attitudes, I’m not going to worry too much about it. Nothing we can do about it if they won’t.

Joe
Old 19-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Yes Joe spot on. Until the NRA is kneecapped nothing will change, as far as I am aware, they control just about everything, which really is a sad state of affairs.
Old 19-05-2018, 05:29 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

And now with Oliver North at the helm...G.H.A.O.U!

I am a gun owner (a sport I enjoy very much - target shooting), but I am aghast at the USA's attitude. I have friends in Amerika that shoot and own machine guns and destructive devices (typically over .50 calibre) regularly. They all without fault dribble the word "freedom"...
Old 19-05-2018, 06:11 PM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
seriously the USA is run by a mental midget!!!
With all due respect, I disagree.
Netanyahu is as shrewd as they come.
imho...
Old 19-05-2018, 06:19 PM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
I see the yanks have done it again, another school massacre, seriously what a sick place to live with all the gun crap over there, and that Idiot Trump all he can say is God Bless All, what a joke.
Trump is now even destroying many international agreements.

* Paris climate deal
* Trade with EU and China
* Iran nuclear deal

And the US are the only country in the world where there are so many guns and every lunatic can buy guns and had more guns than people.
By far the worst.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country
Old 19-05-2018, 06:24 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
With all due respect, I disagree.
Netanyahu is as shrewd as they come.
imho...
Why doesnt he do something?
Alex
Old 19-05-2018, 06:41 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

To blame Trump exclusively is to neglect the fact he was elected by a large number of people who although not the majority is a large enough number to make one realise their problems extend well beyond the realm of one man.

The sorry thing is many mericans think he is great and makes sence and is a straight talker...particularly in the bible belt...a mere coincidence no doubt.

But worst of all...what are the democrates doing to replace him...anyone? they just seem to be content on grizzling...do they have a runner for the next presidential election if there is one?

Look at various religious surveys..20% or more take the bible literally which means a high portion must...I say must..believe the Earth is flat...no kidding and I find that sad and scarey all at once. To this folk Trump is seem as a straight talker and someone getting things done...but then again they think man was made from dirt.

And I dont think the creation museum is failing for a lack of patrons.

I saw a Jim Jeffries comedy sketch on guns and therein he nailed it...they like guns and his point was just say that and shut up about the constitution and just say we like guns.

Then there is hollywood.
Its like folk got together and decided to make movies to make people stupid...Yes I blame Hollywood.
Why is there no ethic in Hollywood dont they realise the crap they produce creates stupid people ..so stupid that they will never realise they are being screwed in secret.
Alex
Old 19-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

These school shooting are all so sad, so frustrating, so unnecessary... and so preventable.

Only in America...
Old 19-05-2018, 07:23 PM
clive milne

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content...31-3.17-AM.png

There is no correlation between gun ownership and homicide rate (unless you cherrypick your data.

https://crimeresearch.org/2014/03/co...oss-countries/

There is, however, a strong correlation between income inequality, poverty and firearm violence.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old 19-05-2018, 07:37 PM
clive milne

I also must point out the utter hypocrisy of the lamestream media talking heads....
The septics are quite happy to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars worth of seriously hardcore weapons to so called moderate rebels in countries like Yemen, Syria, Ukraine etc) when there is a dollar to be made or some political leverage to be had..

And on the other side of the pond, doctors and medics are being pinged off by snipers whilst they are treating injured people in the streets.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadi...care-1.3930653

~Cue international outrage~
I meant to say; ~cue sounds of crickets chirping~
Old 19-05-2018, 07:43 PM
h0ughy (David)

From the terms of service

Posting Topics
Please avoid topics about global warming, race, politics or religion. These can be very sensitive topics, and people are usually very polarised about these issues; it can be very easy to take things the wrong way, creating arguments. Threads about these topics often end badly - usually being locked, with posts being deleted, or with people being upset.
Closed Thread