ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2019, 07:06 AM
sharpiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
The Fezza doesn't get out much...prettier and makes a superb sound...but hardly a practical daily drive. They are very yin-yang. But the Fezza is also an appreciating asset....can't say that is the case with most other cars...including EV's
True. Ferraris are like art.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I was thinking today as I tried to manage the heat in my astro van about air conditioning.
I have a 2 kva genny which is not enough to power a small air conditioner and started to wonder about the electric car and how it needs power for lights radio and air conditioning..heating or cooling... that must be a drain...so Peter any comments?
Alex
The car has AC for heating and cooling...I think there is a hamster under the bonnet I have to feed every now and then.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:48 PM
doppler (Rick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
wonder about the electric car and how it needs power for lights radio and air conditioning..heating or cooling... that must be a drain...so Peter any comments?
Alex
The aircond probably has a similar system as this backyard conversion, but a lot more fancy in the factory made ev.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (hilux2.jpg)
184.1 KB51 views
Old 07-10-2019, 01:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

probably about 700 watts for air in a car.
I found a 1600 watt unit in Sydney I will buy only $400 from memory..but with the heat in the van I will pay whatever it takes..
alex
Old 19-12-2021, 01:05 PM
acropolite (Phil)

I had a drive in a mates Tesla model 3 Long range AWD Last Wednesday, unbelievable performance as Peter says, the regen braking doesn’t take much adjusting to but the acceleration is insane, floored the throttle and by the time I’d glanced sideways to check the speed and back to the road I was over the speed limit. My mate is getting around 470 km to a charge. One odd thing was no spare tyre, just an emergency slime type puncture kit. No dealer or showroom, just ordered on line and in my mates words “turned up on the back of a truck”….

Last edited by acropolite; 19-12-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old 19-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Hodur (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Actually the ship I was referring to was simply the Container Ship that arrived in Port Botany with the first RHD Model 3's for Oz on board.

When I collected my car, I noticed quite a few were sitting Tesla's Alexandria facility, hence I'd expect they will not be an uncommon sight on our roads in fairly short order.

But compared to Norway, we have a long, long way to go....
Norway is the biggest producer of fossil fuels in Europe. It’s petro $ that are funding Norways EV roll out. Like all woke thought, it crumbles under examination