Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Imme (Jon)

Ngc 300

Has a few spare hours last night and the skies were clear (very windy though) so I thought I'd do some imaging.

Inspired by Discoduck I decided to give NGC 300 a go.

About 2.5 hours of 4 min subs. Quick process of the data produced this....pretty happy with it.

Couple of versions for your perusal....thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC 300 edit 3 (1280x964).jpg)
122.5 KB42 views
Click for full-size image (NGC 300 Final (2).jpg)
191.6 KB38 views

Last edited by Imme; 12-10-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 PM
cometcatcher (Kevin)
<--- Comet Hale-Bopp

NGC300 is a faint one so good work with that result. Both images have interesting aspects to them. I think the first one looks more natural? Great result anyway. Don't be afraid to add more data to it.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:55 PM
silv (Annette)

Thoughts? Great outcome. Pic A is very pleasing. But pic B invites me to zoom in and discover the additional detail you managed to make visible - at the cost of bloated dead stars, alright. Which scope, mount, and camera did you use? If you don't want to add that info with every new image you could maybe put it into your profile signature?

The small, faint object in due North relativ to the center is not a galaxy but a star forming region and would appear pink in other renderings. So I took the liberty to look at your old images because the colour processing seems so weird. Too much green.. look here a few days back your first Tarantula version: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/a...e.php?a=234789
But when you imaged with a different camera in May the result was overly green, too, IMO. http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=165493

Does your monitor need calibration or do your eyes maybe have a red-green weakness that you favor green so much?
Old 12-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Thoughts? Great outcome. Pic A is very pleasing. But pic B invites me to zoom in and discover the additional detail you managed to make visible - at the cost of bloated dead stars, alright. Which scope, mount, and camera did you use? If you don't want to add that info with every new image you could maybe put it into your profile signature?

The small, faint object in due North relativ to the center is not a galaxy but a star forming region and would appear pink in other renderings. So I took the liberty to look at your old images because the colour processing seems so weird. Too much green.. look here a few days back your first Tarantula version: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/a...e.php?a=234789
But when you imaged with a different camera in May the result was overly green, too, IMO. http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=165493

Does your monitor need calibration or do your eyes maybe have a red-green weakness that you favor green so much?
Thanks for the feedback. I realise it’s greener than other....I think it may be a preference thing for me. I understand green is not a normal Astro color however I like it so I guess it’s my artistic addition

As I said though, appreciate the honest feedback
Old 12-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcatcher View Post
NGC300 is a faint one so good work with that result. Both images have interesting aspects to them. I think the first one looks more natural? Great result anyway. Don't be afraid to add more data to it.
I agree...first one is the better of the 2 I think
Old 12-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Anth10 (Anthony M)
When its late stay awake

Wow Imme, that’s pretty good mate.
First one is best. Nicely done, second one a little on the red side, but a top result.
Anth
Old 12-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Karlzburg (Karl)
No moon for you!!

First one for me Jon, colours are subtle so it's easier look at the whole picture as well as separating out sections.