Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 05-02-2018, 04:42 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

A trifle bored myself, on all things Frump and his young paid for mail order bride...I suppose if he accidently pushes the wrong button... I'll be less bored.

BTW : Wonder how MAD MIKE THE FLAT EARTHER is faring after all the sabotage agin him... Frump supporter all the way...much more interesting headlines in my view.
https://youtu.be/w0U7CWcVpcM.

bigjoe

Last edited by bigjoe; 05-02-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Add
Old 05-02-2018, 05:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I dont watch the news so happily I do see anything about Trump.
The motivation for this thread came from rubbing shoulders with some strange folk from US.
I had no idea Trump was in the news these days...lucky me.

But Big Joe dont say anything about Mrs Trump as I think she is nice...she looks so much like my fitst wife so maybe thats it...unlike many I csn still have fond memories of an earlier partner.

Alex
Old 05-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Shano592 (Shane)

I'm tempted to troll the prez, but I think Twitter may step in the way.

Trump's twitter handle is @realdonaldtrump, so I was going to see if @unrealdonaldtrump was available, and start parodying his bigger howlers.

It is true though, if Mrs Clinton were the boss, we certainly wouldn't be having this much fun...

EDIT: Melania Trump is probably the only one of the bunch without her head in the clouds.

The rest are either mad, or both! (Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9YcWLqjb9k for the source).

Last edited by Shano592; 05-02-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:54 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I dont watch the news so happily I do see anything about Trump.
The motivation for this thread came from rubbing shoulders with some strange folk from US.
I had no idea Trump was in the news these days...lucky me.

But Big Joe dont say anything about Mrs Trump as I think she is nice...she looks so much like my fitst wife so maybe thats it...unlike many I csn still have fond memories of an earlier partner.

Alex
Well she certainly is attractive Alex..no question...Hows that

bigjoe.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:55 PM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan meehan View Post
Sorry Alex it does not worry me weather we as Australians like him or not its just more journalistic news as for myself I believe he is a crazy leader leading our future generations into more armed conflict along with our crazy leaders of this country
"This country" you mean USA or Australia ? In the latter case, Australia is not interested in a nuclear conflict with North Korea as NK is not a stronger threat to Oz than to other countries outside USA.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:45 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
"This country" you mean USA or Australia ? In the latter case, Australia is not interested in a nuclear conflict with North Korea as NK is not a stronger threat to Oz than to other countries outside USA.
Never fear, our American grovelling Prime Minister would find a way to involve Australians.

We didn't need to be in Afghanistan (nor did the God-Damns), but we are...
Old 05-02-2018, 08:09 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Many get a little help from their folks.
Alex
Wish my folks had handed me $10 million start-up fund. But then I doubt I would have made much of it. You have to be an evil narcissistic son of a ***** who screws anyone to make that much money and you would have to not worry to much about little inconvenient things like facts, conscience, ethics and morality.

Come to think of it, I'd rather be broke any day!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Wavytone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Well she certainly is attractive Alex..no question...
With as much personality as a toothpaste ad.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

If I had ten mill I would be happy with bank interest...
Alex
Old 05-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Paul Haese

There goes the reel.....

First up less than 60% of the population actually voted in the election. So no real legitimate election result in my opinion. Of that amount only 42% voted for Trump, that says a lot of how apathetic Americans are about their politicians.

The electoral college voting system is really a personality competition in each state, each state has a certain amount of college votes. That is based on population per state. The person with the most amount of college votes wins. It's a complete and utter crock of an election system. The smaller middle states have a lot of college votes and therefore a lot of power in the game.

The system should have the popular vote wins full stop, it should be the total pool of voters. Having a system where the person with the popular vote loses is not representative at all.

BTW he is not a self made man. He is a crook, has been bankrupt more than not. Has ripped off workers, and everyone has suffered at his hands and only made money from real estate. That is not even a real way of making money, it is not a legitimate business operation. All his legitimate businesses have failed. He tells more lies that not and ironically is the master of fake news himself. He talks utter ****e all the time. He is a national disgrace and should not be seen as great at all. Obama was a statesman and tried to improve the system. So far Trumps changes have been about disruption and will be seen in the years to come as a devastation. He is a troll and should be kept under a bridge only.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:47 PM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

Read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rean-peninsula

He is just spoiling the peace efforts of S Korea to defuse tensions.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:14 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

I have a co-worker in my team who aspires to becoming an honorary American. He sports an Yank accent, and cites American examples to all debates and discussions. All this, despite growing up in Condon (Townsville's version of Redfern, Anala, <insert Melbourne equivalent here>).

Upon the US election beginning he has the voting graphs on the screen, and follows every commentary, as if knowing will make any difference. He declares with certainty that Trump cannot... no, MUST not win!

Trump pulls ahead by 3pm our time... The longer the red bar got, the tighter his foetal posture clenched in his chair. His voice quivers, as he travels through the 5 stages of grief. By home time, he wonders if he even has a home to even go to. He calls his wife on the phone, (always on loudspeaker), as they contemplate how they will navigate this dark new world...

I felt for my Co-worker. I needed to act. That night, I made him a cake to console him the following day...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (delicious-cake..JPG)
130.0 KB11 views
Old 05-02-2018, 09:14 PM
beren

To see Trump as US president and a good man like Ron Paul not get through is
so frustrating....
Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

My concern do the Democrates have anyone to knock him off next time.
Are there any hopefuls?
Alex
Old 05-02-2018, 11:21 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
There goes the reel.....

First up less than 60% of the population actually voted in the election. So no real legitimate election result in my opinion. Of that amount only 42% voted for Trump, that says a lot of how apathetic Americans are about their politicians.

The electoral college voting system is really a personality competition in each state, each state has a certain amount of college votes. That is based on population per state. The person with the most amount of college votes wins. It's a complete and utter crock of an election system. The smaller middle states have a lot of college votes and therefore a lot of power in the game.

The system should have the popular vote wins full stop, it should be the total pool of voters. Having a system where the person with the popular vote loses is not representative at all.

BTW he is not a self made man. He is a crook, has been bankrupt more than not. Has ripped off workers, and everyone has suffered at his hands and only made money from real estate. That is not even a real way of making money, it is not a legitimate business operation. All his legitimate businesses have failed. He tells more lies that not and ironically is the master of fake news himself. He talks utter ****e all the time. He is a national disgrace and should not be seen as great at all. Obama was a statesman and tried to improve the system. So far Trumps changes have been about disruption and will be seen in the years to come as a devastation. He is a troll and should be kept under a bridge only.
Well said Paul....he used to stand over poor people to collect the rent due to his father, when he started out....his dad would have been proud.

bigjoe.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:09 AM
alan meehan (Alan)

SkYSURFER I Have lived from the back end of ww2 through VIETNAM and to say we aussies are not interested in being involved is nonsense its history we have been their done that and as lewis says are still in places were we should not be now our gov wants to make Australia into a big arms dealer iam not a pacifist I just think these leaders weather America or here should do more towards the peace of the world instead of waving big sticks around and saying mines bigger than yours so to speak is this were we want to place our grandchildren in the future its crazy
Old 06-02-2018, 10:06 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

I have a good word for him, a few in fact.
They are not printable here though ...
Old 06-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Shano592 (Shane)

Why the popular vote is redundant in the US...

This guy is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5rul6EdF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90RajY2nrgk
Old 06-02-2018, 11:46 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
There goes the reel.....

1) Correct in that most American's don't care about politics. Apathy is the rule, not the exception.
2) Electrol college system was setup to protect the rural areas from not being heard, so they get a disproportional amount of power
3) Popular vote only would mean that the big cities would run the USA, which would cause a civil war (I'm not kidding... think 2nd amendment). <LATE EDIT> The problem is that big cities are overwhelmingly liberal, not consevative. Most conservatives have guns, ergo, .... </LATE EDIT>

Presidential elections generally have both the college and majority votes aligned. It's rare to have it the way it is (It's happened four times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hobart View Post
Self made is a bit of a stretch, didn't he get start up funding from good old Dad?
Correct, but he expanded the Trump empire, so you have to give him that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano592 View Post
Why the popular vote is redundant in the US...

This guy is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5rul6EdF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90RajY2nrgk
Gerrymandering is being challenged. Republican's lost the fight today in Penn, requiring a new lines be drawn. US Supreme court denied the stay, as the GOP wanted the lines to remain for the mid-term election. Looks like the Dems have a serious chance of taking the house.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...g-case-reports

As for Adam Conover (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Conover), my son introduced me to his videos about 2 years ago and I have been addicted ever since.

OIC!
<Std Disclaimer> I've said it many times, I don't mind Trump, I just wish he would shutup and govern.

Last edited by OICURMT; 06-02-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Shano592 (Shane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICURMT View Post
As for Adam Conover (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Conover), my son introduced me to his videos about 2 years ago and I have been addicted ever since.
Same here. He is very funny, and well researched. His "Adam Ruins Everything" show is excellent.