Old 28-04-2020, 10:36 AM
jayconnor (Jay)

Spare time cleaning

Hey everyone,

Ok we are about to get hit with a cold front in Victoria which will bring clouds and rain for 3 to 4 days they predict.

Im needing to clean my mirrors on my bt200 f/5. Now my question is pulling the primary mirror apart. Is there anything I need to do to pretty much not muck everything up? Is it as simple as pulling it apart and putting it back together? It really needs a good clean and im worried if I pull it apart ill bugger it all up.

Kind Regards, Jay

Last edited by RB; 28-04-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: TOS - profanity filter bypass deleted
Old 28-04-2020, 11:16 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayconnor View Post
Hey everyone,

Ok we are about to get hit with a cold front in Victoria which will bring clouds and rain for 3 to 4 days they predict.

Im needing to clean my mirrors on my bt200 f/5. Now my question is pulling the primary mirror apart. Is there anything I need to do to pretty much not muck everything up? Is it as simple as pulling it apart and putting it back together? It really needs a good clean and im worried if I pull it apart ill bugger it all up.

Kind Regards, Jay
Try to remember the orientation in the mirror cell. Make a little mark on the side of the mirror and the cell to remember so you put it back in the same position. Also make sure you don't put the mirror clips back too tight. You might need to recollimate the scope.
Old 29-04-2020, 07:42 AM
jayconnor (Jay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Try to remember the orientation in the mirror cell. Make a little mark on the side of the mirror and the cell to remember so you put it back in the same position. Also make sure you don't put the mirror clips back too tight. You might need to recollimate the scope.
thanks for the help!