Old 20-08-2019, 07:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Todays effort Cats Paw

In an effort to keep the section moving along like Raymo once did here is today reprocess started with a 3x drizzle in Deep Sky Stacker, modest Startools adjustment and a photo shop touch up.

Data via the little 80mm on heq5 mount and zwo cooled mono.
I had to create a blue channel and a green but I tried to merge colours as opposed to my first effort which was only a colouring in exercise.

I cropped the image in Deep Sky Stacker to remove stars that looked like eggs on the edges... you gota do what you gotta do.

The big question will it look horribly saturated...I turned it down as much as I dare but will that be enough..anyways here goes.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (catspaw.jpg)
209.8 KB61 views
Old 20-08-2019, 07:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It is amazing ..at least for me it does not look too bad given at this end it looked almost grey.

alex
Old 20-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

It's certainly colourful Alex, probably is oversaturated and the contrast maybe could be toned down a bit. The overall effect makes it look like an slightly over exposed image but like what you're trying to achieve.
Old 21-08-2019, 05:30 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Funny this morning looks even more saturated?
Maybe after processing all day, more or less, my eyes lose their ability to notice colour.
As I said when I posted it looked almost grey but now it is embarrassing. I am looking now on my phone and it just looks so bad.
I will check the lappy shortly and see how it looks to me there.

Interesting ... It must be my eyes becoming ineffectual as the day goes on???

Alex
Old 21-08-2019, 05:55 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It looked different to how I remember it last night that's for sure.
This one is rather pale with brightness and contrast backed way off as well as saturation...hope its ok as I have to go out.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (catspaw.jpg)
175.3 KB17 views
Click for full-size image (catspaw2.jpg)
178.0 KB18 views
Click for full-size image (catspaw3.jpg)
165.5 KB19 views
Click for full-size image (catspaw4.jpg)
200.1 KB40 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 21-08-2019 at 06:09 AM.
Old 21-08-2019, 06:14 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have to back off and do other things... Iam just getting desperate and things are not improving...however I have learnt something, and my daughter says this to me so often I must now take her advice,.."after you think you have finished save it and come back much later and look at it again"....yes yes good advice.

anyways all part of the learning experience.

alex
Old 21-08-2019, 06:18 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
It's certainly colourful Alex, probably is oversaturated and the contrast maybe could be toned down a bit. The overall effect makes it look like an slightly over exposed image but like what you're trying to achieve.
Thank you Jeff for your observations and comments. You are correct of course. I think when I have the time I will start over..at least redo the photo shop combining of the channels...and when I think I am finished leave the result to mature and revisit after a day or so.
alex
Old 21-08-2019, 11:08 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I have to back off and do other things... Iam just getting desperate and things are not improving...however I have learnt something, and my daughter says this to me so often I must now take her advice,.."after you think you have finished save it and come back much later and look at it again"....yes yes good advice.

anyways all part of the learning experience.

alex
It's the same with music Alex record a track thinking it sounds great then come back the next day and you think to yourself "WTH is this?"
Old 22-08-2019, 05:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Yes...I have realised this...I paint, I do record but no one will ever hear such...but the paintings tell the story .you get to a point that should be it..but you press past reasonable .it's good but you want more..whatever...but you play more and you stuff it .. and I have it worked out..you have your idea or concept but you don't think someone passing by will get it...and art is a hint..a small hint,...only a few will get it..but we try to make it so everyone gets it...waste of time really..be happy if just another feels what you feel..particularly if it's a girl ..who else do you need to indulge the ultimate creativity... Is that not the only other creature with who we need to connect...forget all but that one person who sees it the way you see it....famous is un necessary. Seeking fame is such a curse.
Alex