Old 01-10-2020, 09:40 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Which LRGB filters set?

Hi all,

As the title said, very simple, which RGB filters set to buy? There are many, and most are good anyway, but i want to buy something and never look back, everyone will recommend something and swear by it, but i can't say what will be my experience or impression about it, so i want to make sure that i have one set that will last for years and no issues, and i am under Bortle 7/8 sky.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Stonius (Markus)

Astrodon are the Televue of filters, but if you don't have the cash then there are other manufacturers that are a lot cheaper. The cheap ZWO ones are fine for me since they fixed their reflection issues a couple of years back.

Cheers

Markus
Old 01-10-2020, 10:25 AM
sunslayr (David)

From what I understand Astronomik and Astrodon make some of the best filters a long with Baader. I don't think there is much to gain with expensive LRGB filters though narrowband is where that extra cash makes a difference.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:31 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
Astrodon are the Televue of filters, but if you don't have the cash then there are other manufacturers that are a lot cheaper. The cheap ZWO ones are fine for me since they fixed their reflection issues a couple of years back.

Cheers

Markus
Hi Markus,

I know about Astrodon, but that is no longer is the case nowadays, Chroma is sharing the throne now, in fact i see more people going to Chroma side, or even giving up Astrodon and getting Chroma, unless if we want to put Astrodon and Chroma in one name and say both are Tele Vue quality of filters, i bought Chroma two NB filters beside my Astrodon one filter and completed the set of NB, want to complete the whole set now with LRGB too, i don't feel i have to really buy Astrodon or Chroma LRGB nowadays, but i still can.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:34 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunslayr View Post
From what I understand Astronomik and Astrodon make some of the best filters a long with Baader. I don't think there is much to gain with expensive LRGB filters though narrowband is where that extra cash makes a difference.
For now, the three options are: Astrodon, Chroma and Astronimik, Chroma is cheaper than Astrodon now and it is in same level of Astrodon, Astronomik is almost there, i am talking about LRGB only here, someone well respected imager just recently gave up his Astrodon and stayed with Astronomik and he said that Astronomik did better job for him, so that he no longer care to keep Astrodon filters, at least for one setup he has, now for me to finish my filters set i have to take this into consideration, and his Astronomik LRGB filters are next to his Astrodon NB filters, i already have NB filters of high quality, only remaining is LRGB for same size.