Old 12-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Nino (John Peacock)

Bintel

A big shout out to Bintel and Australia post, I ordered a ASI290 just last week and was expecting a long wait, Bintel mailed it on Thursday afternoon around 4Pm and Aus post delivered it here the next day a 1Pm, I was gobsmacked to say the least. Great service under these strange times.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Granada
The truth is out there

Agree John, Bintel have been fantastic

I'll tack on here and give a shout out to Andrews Comms with whom I had a very similar experience. Not only did the SynScan hand controller arrive within a few days of them posting it, they were also nice enough to give me a full replacement for a 4.5-year-old v3 hand controller which suddenly conked out on me, no questions asked. This type of service should be recognised.

Although it should be said with postage, it's a bit of a luck of the draw type of thing. Aus Post actually delivered the controller to a completely different address which I found out when the status of the item in my Aus Post dashboard changed to 'Delivered' but there was no sign of it. It was only after I called them that they fixed the mistake by going to the wrong address, getting the controller from people who opened the parcel (why would you do that if it doesn't have your name and address on the satchel and has a return address???) and hand delivering to me. Was initially disappointed but then quite happy with Aus Post with how they rectified the issue.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Thanks for posting
I’ve supported Bintel since I started this hobby 4 years ago
Don has been a wealth of knowledge and a great person to talk too , he likes a chat, especially long ones. John and all the others are great to , they go the extra length to help you always
Old 12-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Granada
The truth is out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Thanks for posting
I’ve supported Bintel since I started this hobby 4 years ago
Martin you started this hobby only 4 years ago? You're so knowledgable, I'm still going through all the excellent guides you have emailed me. I have a lot to learn from members like you
Old 12-09-2020, 12:18 PM
raymo

Martin has actually been in this hobby for 40yrs, he changed his name
4 yrs ago.

raymo
Old 12-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Raymo
I just checked my birth certificate and yep I was born Martin and yep I only got into this hobby 4 years ago
Learned a lot from Raymo, Alex, Glen and a host of others on IIS
I’m fortunate to have time on my hands now being retired, I had no time for this hobby over the past 30 odd years running a medium sized national electrical business, it was 24 / 7 literally
Still a beginner, still learning so much and thoroughly enjoying it
Hope to get the grandkids involved too. Ive got a small scope put away for Christmas for the grand daughter
Martin ( Martin )
Old 12-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Don is the man and Bintel the shop. Great service. Not only can you buy what you need there you can have it repaired if it goes wrong for the cost of postage. You pay a reasonable price for an exceptional service.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:45 PM
PhilTas (Phil)

I'll put in a positive comment for Bintel as well. They are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The one time one of my orders arrived with a part missing - Don despatched a replacement straight away, no questions asked.
cheers Phil
Old 13-09-2020, 05:42 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Wink

On a similar theme, nothing to do with Astro, on Friday I ordered 2 cartridges of ink for my epson printer at 11.00am, and a knock on the door at 2pm with the courier delivering them. Holy cow 3 hours from order to delivery.
Old 13-09-2020, 06:20 PM
gregbradley

Yep always liked Bintel. I agree the staff are top notch.

Greg.